Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
Jimmytee - I just popped it off (no screws, start back by the key and pull up gently), work your way around and up. Three electrical connections - one on each speaker tweeter and one on the push buttons. Honda emblem is applied with double sided tape, pull up gently with a small screwdriver or an exacto knife. (speakers and buttons have 5 screws each holding them in the fairing piece, remove those)
For the actual painting, I did my self - but have done cars and many bikes in my life. This paint is actually on my daily driver (when I have to take a car) - a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. I would guess that anyone that paints could do it for you, reassembly is just as easy.
Good luck!
2~kewl
Thaks, yeah I've had the dash off and I do my own wrenching. I was more interested in how you painted it. Was there any special application made due to the plastic and color matching the red. On my Valkyrie, I painted the speaker grilles on the Woody fairing to match the red on my Valkyrie.I simply found some Dupli-Color (Ford Red) that matches pretty darn close.
Attachment 7548