$1000 Honda Accessories
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $1000 Honda Accessories

$1000 Honda Accessories

If you buy a new F6B you now get "$1000 Accessory Bonus can only be used for purchase of Honda Genuine or Signature Accessories at the dealership and must be redeemed on the date of purchase. "

If I understand that correctly, I can spend $1000 on Honda OEM Accessories the day of purchase. I'm sure that they will have all kinds of loopholes to keep it from working, but assuming that this is how it actually works, which accessories do you recommend?

Center stand $250
    Heated grips $280
    Tall windshield $200
    LED Foglights $500
    Deluxe Helmet Headset $219

I never carry a passenger so do not need a backrest. I am pretty mechanically inclined and will do the installations myself since it is not included in the offer. Which of these would you get to equal the $1000?

Quote Originally Posted by 5111 View Post
    If you buy a new F6B you now get "$1000 Accessory Bonus can only be used for purchase of Honda Genuine or Signature Accessories at the dealership and must be redeemed on the date of purchase. "

If I understand that correctly, I can spend $1000 on Honda OEM Accessories the day of purchase. I'm sure that they will have all kinds of loopholes to keep it from working, but assuming that this is how it actually works, which accessories do you recommend?

Center stand $250
    Heated grips $280
    Tall windshield $200
    LED Foglights $500
    Deluxe Helmet Headset $219

I never carry a passenger so do not need a backrest. I am pretty mechanically inclined and will do the installations myself since it is not included in the offer. Which of these would you get to equal the $1000?
    You can score a center stand from E-bay for $25/$50 dollars!

The Tall Windshield with vent, heated grips and fog lights would be money well spent IMHO!

+1
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

I dont think I would do the Honda Windshield since there are so many others that are much better.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Tough call as there are several aftermarket alternatives,,,

I'm not a light guy, but the OEM LED foggers are supposed to be 'good stuff'...

Honda makes a bike cover that is ~OK~,,, (Works best with OEM short shield) 100

Saddlebag liners are handy if ya do a little travelling 100

I swore I would NEVER need a passenger backrest, but ended up getting one anyway (You need a 'carrier mount kit' to install the b-rest, or, to install a rear rack)

Do not get a Honda rack unless you never intend to haul more than just (1) bologna sandwich!!! BikeMP3 has one that's ten-fold better!

Depending on your location, heated grips would be very useful.

Kind of a tough call, but I'm sure you'll manage!!!

I just purchased my F6B very recently and got the $1000 in accessories. No gimicks, pick what you want up to $1000. You do need to factor in tax if your state has it.

Since I purchased the Deluxe I went with the LED Fog Lamps, Tall Shield, Short Tinted Shield, and 12V Accessory Socket. All are quality products. I probably would have not picked Honda accessories, but you cannot beat "free".

I agree on the "free" comment. I tried to look at what was available and its inflated cost versus a real world cost. The fogs seem comparable and people say the Honda kit is good. So that is $500. I have no idea what windshield I will want but it seems like most people go through several before finding the perfect one, so I figure I could try the "free" one. The smaller windshield is the same height as stock but tinted, correct? Heated grips in Texas aren't too necessary except that I do most of my riding during our "winter" so it might be a nice touch for "free".

A 12v plug is a must for me, but the Honda one is $80 and I have seen plug and play aftermarket ones for $12.

Thanks for all the input. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by 5111 View Post
    I agree on the "free" comment. I tried to look at what was available and its inflated cost versus a real world cost. The fogs seem comparable and people say the Honda kit is good. So that is $500. I have no idea what windshield I will want but it seems like most people go through several before finding the perfect one, so I figure I could try the "free" one. The smaller windshield is the same height as stock but tinted, correct? Heated grips in Texas aren't too necessary except that I do most of my riding during our "winter" so it might be a nice touch for "free".

A 12v plug is a must for me, but the Honda one is $80 and I have seen plug and play aftermarket ones for $12.

Thanks for all the input. Anyone else?
    I passed on the passenger backrest, because I plan to replace the seat soon, and will probably being going with an Ultimate with both rider and passenger backrests.

I guess I'll need the brackets, probably going to buy the MP3 rack.

Yes the $1000 goes quick with the overpriced accessories, but it's still was cheaper than buying them out of my own pocket
    My total came up $70 over when tax was added. The dealer squashed the $70 .

I got the
    Chrome rotor covers( wasn't sure about those, but I like them )

LED fog light kit

12 volt accessory outlet. Yes an aftermarket is cheaper, but that goes for everything.

License plate frame

saddlebag liners

shop manual
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I bought my F6B earlier this month. There was no mention of the $1,000 give-a-way from the salesman.

After learning about it here, I called him yesterday and confronted him with it. He tells me that my 2013 F6B was the first one that he sold. He is now contacting Honda to se what we can do about it. Supposedly, the Honda rep will be in the dealership today and this will be discussed.

I took a demo ride on the F6B at another Honda dealer. I made an offer on the bike but they would not come to my number. Had they brought the $1,000 incentive into the mix, they would have sold me the bike and I would have never gone to dealer number 2.