$1000 Honda Accessories - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $1000 Honda Accessories

I got the Tall Windscreen, Fog Lights, and Center Stand, those were the best for my bike and needs.

Ok it's now officially a Honda Christmas in July.

As background, the dealership where I bought my F6B is Best Honda and Best Ford in Nashua NH. I started a negotiation for my F6B in late June. The $1,000 promo was not available at that point.

When I closed the deal a few days into July, I ended up closing the deal with the finance manager at the Ford side of the operation. So the car finance manager didn't bring it up either. He may or may not have been made aware of the new incentive or was just working from the initial negotiations.

The long and the short of it is that Best Honda got in touch with their Honda rep. The decision was to offer me the $1,000 in accessories for the purchase of my left over 2013. The salesman simply asked me to come in and choose my parts.

Now that's how taking care of the customer gets done. Thank you Best Honda!

My thanks go out to this forum as well for being such a great source of information.

The heated grips are defiantly a +.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

I ended up not purchasing the F6B today and using the $1000 offer. The dealership gave me a price "plus TT&L" over the phone. I calculated the TT&L and added it to the quoted price and it fit into my budget so I went up to seal the deal. When I got there the price was $1600 higher than we had discussed. They told me that this was their cost for assembly and freight. To me the quoted price "plus TT&L" means that they have calculated their freight and assembly, especially when that unmentioned fee is 10% of the purchase price. But to them it didn't. (I also think that $1600 for that is a bit excessive, especially for last year's model at a dealership with 15+ 2013s). So in the end the bike was more than I was willing to pay. So I'll play the waiting game for a little longer or I'll pick up the 2014 FJR that I have also been eying for several grand less.

SPGrenier, even though I didn't end up with an F6B...yet, I'm glad that you were able to benefit from my post.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Mama Honda wants 390 for freight. My official bill of sale priced the bike at 390 lower than what I was told with 390 added to that for freight. No set up fee's.

Quote Originally Posted by 5111 View Post
    I ended up not purchasing the F6B today and using the $1000 offer. The dealership gave me a price "plus TT&L" over the phone. I calculated the TT&L and added it to the quoted price and it fit into my budget so I went up to seal the deal. When I got there the price was $1600 higher than we had discussed. They told me that this was their cost for assembly and freight. To me the quoted price "plus TT&L" means that they have calculated their freight and assembly, especially when that unmentioned fee is 10% of the purchase price. But to them it didn't. (I also think that $1600 for that is a bit excessive, especially for last year's model at a dealership with 15+ 2013s). So in the end the bike was more than I was willing to pay. So I'll play the waiting game for a little longer or I'll pick up the 2014 FJR that I have also been eying for several grand less.

SPGrenier, even though I didn't end up with an F6B...yet, I'm glad that you were able to benefit from my post.

They were trying to pull a fast one and rape you. Sleazy dealer that does not deserve your business. Please post the name of the stealer so I know to avoid them.

Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga TN NEVER charges ANY FEES! Good prices. ask for Bill Spearman.

Also, Mountain Motorsports in Marietta GA has the slower Red 2013 ones for $13885! Might be worth the trip!

San Antonio Cycleplex

I bought mine at Cycleplex in San Antonio. Originally, I was going to fly to Atlanta and travel up to Chatanooga where they had the F6b for (2013) for 15,200.00 with 0% financing. I went by Cycleplex in San Antonio and mentioned it to them, they sold me a 2013 Deluxe for 16,400.00. I'm real pleased. Got the financing for 1.9% through Honda. The deal are there if you shop around. I'm told Chatanooga is cheapest in the nation.

When I was negotiating a price for my 2013 with my local dealers, my leverage was that I was willing to go down to SC from NH and buy one there for $16,500. I would have had no trouble flying down and taking a road trip home. Find your price and I'd bet that you'll be able top find a dealer to sell you one.

Perhaps start a thread here and ask owners what hey paid and where they got it. Ask for dealer locations within your travel radius. As to your choice of bikes, I have to tell you that I love the F6B. This bike makes me want to ride. I find myself trying to make time in a busy schedule just to get out on it. It is one heck of a machine. CAUTION:It is an attention getter everywhere you go.

I'm picking my new 2013 up on Aug 18 from Kaukauna, Wi. I checked all the dealers in Wi before getting this deal. 16,099 with no fees and$1000 in accessories. The rest of the dealers all wanted $18k +. The dealer in Wisconsin Rapids wanted $16,500 for a used '13 with 4000 miles and a cupped front tire. I'm getting the tall windshield, 12 V plug, pass backrest and luggage rack. I know the MP3 is nicer but I ran out of other stuff I wanted that cost less than the money I had left and I didn't want to leave money on the table. My dealer did want to charge to install everything so I'll be busy installing everything myself for the first few days after I get it.