Steve0080 is in the Hospital - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Steve0080 is in the Hospital

Same as usual

Hey guys, I usually don't post here since I am a Rune owner, but last night I spent a couple of hours at the hospital with Steve and his wife. Basically, he is the healthiest sick person I have ever seen!!! And since I am a cardiologist by profession, I've seen my share. He is the usual cranky self, ambulatory, joking, in a great mood, and asking me to give him a doctor release to come to Franklin!! He is doing extremely well, and my suspicions are he will be traveling to Franklin if all continues as is. At least he will have a cardiologist in tow at the rally. Most people may not know, that despite his gruff exterior, Steve is the kindest, most loyal friend anybody can have. Get well soon, brother!! He should be discharged home in the next day or so. Monch Rosado

That's the kind of news we like to hear. Thanks...
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Hey, Monch--Hearing from you is the next best thing to hearing from Steve himself. That is a very encouraging report and hopefully, Steve will recover quickly enough to ride to Franklin. It will be good to see you again as well. And, Monch, maybe this year you won't have to be a "trauma" doctor
    Ken (Hornblower)

Great!!!

Damn glad to hear it!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I spoke to Steve this morning and he says he is going home today. My guess is they won't be able to keep him anyway since he has decided it is time to blow that joint. He sounds fantastic and very upbeat.
    God Bless!

Good to know we will have a cardiologist on call at the rally!

The cardiologist if off. Monch is coming instead...

YES! Good News, see you at the Rally Doc. And Thanks!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Good to hear.

Cool I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!

First of all let me thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers!!!

WOW!!!! is all I can say...from a crushing pain to a ride in helicopter, not knowing which way was up, losing a day or two and chasing the nurses!!!

It took a couple of days to the Doc's to figure out what was going on. First thoughts were stomach/heartburn to some enzymes numbers out of whack,to a heart cath, to looking about getting into the rotation for heart surgery, getting put to front of the line and calling the copter!!! You know your are in trouble with the helicopter is en route and you are being strapped down on a board for flight! I have seen this many time but have never taken the "ride". Kinda cool when those guys show up!!! EVERYONE gets out of the way and they starting running you thru the hospital to the helli pad!!! The flight was cool and then to run thru the the next hospital to surgery ...the last thing I remember was being shaved ( ALL OVER) waking two days later!!

The old pain was gone and was replaced by a new ones!!! I have been told my recovery was fast and outstanding!!! As some here have stated, being a new member of the "Zipper" club they start you with walking, breathing exercising and so one. On my first walk I walked the entire floor and then some! Most could not believe my stamina. I was even having consults with my Docs in the halls while waking. There are two main reasons I am still here, my personal condition and my wife forcing me to the hospital!!! And yes, I will be following the Doc's orders and behave my self....besides if I don't I won't make Franklin!!!

There must be a lesson here...I quit smoking four years ago and from what the Docs said should have stopped sooner, although having stopped was great!!, stay in shape so that if something traumatic does happen you will have a better shot at survival. And in my case, you can't beat genetics !!! Unless you survive the Widow Maker!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com