Mounted Flags

Thread: Mounted Flags

Mounted Flags

I'd like to mount two flags on the bike 6x9. How did you guys do it. To the license plate is too low.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I was looking at doing that and came up with the idea to remove one of the back rest bolts and replace it with a longer bolt. I was going to run a nut up to the same height on the bolt as the head on the factory one and then epoxy the nut and a piece of 5/16" stainless tubing to the bolt. I am not sure about how much stress the connection point underneath could take so I have put it on hold for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    I was looking at doing that and came up with the idea to remove one of the back rest bolts and replace it with a longer bolt. I was going to run a nut up to the same height on the bolt as the head on the factory one and then epoxy the nut and a piece of 5/16" stainless tubing to the bolt. I am not sure about how much stress the connection point underneath could take so I have put it on hold for now.

How about a threaded rod twice as long as bolt needed, put nut down to same length as stock bolt, then epoxy stainless over remaining threads?????

I did this.....

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    I did this.....
    Not Big enough Chcky! Would rather have something that can attach to the MP3 rack.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

There are flag poles that would fit the flat edge of the mp3. Kuryakyn sells them for one and other manufacturers probably do too.

I finally got off of my ass and finished my flag holder I used a 150mm long bolt, one nut, a piece of pvc tubing, a square dowel rod and some epoxy. Everything but the epoxy came from Menards. I ground the hex head off of the bolt then epoxied the nut to the bolt, the bolt to the pvc and the square dowell rod inside the remainder of the pvc. I am using a car antenna flag about 18" X 11".Attachment 7337Attachment 7338Attachment 7339Attachment 7340

How are you attaching it to the bike and how is the flag staying on the pole?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

I removed the left rear back rest bolt and replaced it with the bolt from Menards. I have not ridden with it yet but when I do I will use a small wire tie at the bottom and see how that works. You can find out the bolt diameter by pulling up the microfiche from one of the online parts retailers like bike bandit.

The flag holder goes on or off in two or three minutes, I hold the flag on with a rubber grommet. If there are other ideas out there I wouldn't mind seeing them.Attachment 7442Attachment 7443Attachment 7444