Got my new wing 3 weeks ago
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new wing 3 weeks ago

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Got my new wing 3 weeks ago

Traded in my 2013 roadglide on a 2013 left over f6. Had the harley exactly 1 year when I traded it in. I'm not really loyal to one brand but I got sick and tired of the damn harley in the shop for electrical issues 5 times to be exact. I looked at this bike last summer and just couldn't pull the trigger and instead I bought the harley. Holy crap big mistake. This bike flat out rocks. I love it. Only regret is I didn't buy it last summer but ohh well ya live and learn. I haven't had the time to take a longer trip on it yet due to the thing called work but the wife and I are planning a few longer trips later this summer and I can't wait because i feel like I could ride this thing for hours. I would ride that damn harley for 2hrs and it felt like I had been beat up. This thing rides like a caddy in a straight line and a sports bike in the turns. I have already caught myself looking at the speedo and doing 90 when I thought I was doing 60. I have to admit though I do miss the sound of the harley but I will get over that and I also miss the cruise. I have been looking at some add on stuff and need some advice on making this bike bigger guy friendly. I'm 6ft3in about 245lbs. So I'm guessing a seat and hi ways pegs are first on the list. Haha my wife says ohh shit here we go again. To her defense I dumped a lot of money into that harley then traded it in. But I gotta make this f6 a little more comfy for me

New

Well done man,
    Pick up my red deluxe tomorrow
    I'm in the Seattle area.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Welcome!!!!

3 Weeks.......3 Months

Congratulations on your new ride. After 3 weeks and you're hooked. Things get better with time. Penned my feelings after 3 months of owner-ship and over 15 months later nothing has changed regarding the riding pleasure the 6 provides. Like you at 246 lbs. and 6'2" tall the highway pegs were added shortly after taking delivery.

Here's my original thread with the list of mods. Hope you have as much fun equipping your 6 as I did mine!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

Welcome Brian!
    I live in Kittanning, so not far from you. I have the Ultimate seat (King version), so if you would like to sit on it and see how this feels, just let me know. This seat moves you back from the handle bars a bit. Might work for you.

I've had mine for 3 weeks now. Leftover 13 Red standard. I'm only 5'8" but highway pegs are a must for me on extended rides. I just got my Ergo IIIs last night and put them on . I'm liking them very much. A new Ultimate seat with rider and passenger backrests is in my near future. I've had Ultimate King on my Valkyrie and love it. Hard to go wrong with an Ultimate. IMHO

I came from a 2012 street glide and would worrie if it was going to start or strand me and the wife. will never own another Harley

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Traded in my 2013 roadglide on a 2013 left over f6. Had the harley exactly 1 year when I traded it in. I'm not really loyal to one brand but I got sick and tired of the damn harley in the shop for electrical issues 5 times to be exact. I looked at this bike last summer and just couldn't pull the trigger and instead I bought the harley. Holy crap big mistake. This bike flat out rocks. I love it. Only regret is I didn't buy it last summer but ohh well ya live and learn. I haven't had the time to take a longer trip on it yet due to the thing called work but the wife and I are planning a few longer trips later this summer and I can't wait because i feel like I could ride this thing for hours. I would ride that damn harley for 2hrs and it felt like I had been beat up. This thing rides like a caddy in a straight line and a sports bike in the turns. I have already caught myself looking at the speedo and doing 90 when I thought I was doing 60. I have to admit though I do miss the sound of the harley but I will get over that and I also miss the cruise. I have been looking at some add on stuff and need some advice on making this bike bigger guy friendly. I'm 6ft3in about 245lbs. So I'm guessing a seat and hi ways pegs are first on the list. Haha my wife says ohh shit here we go again. To her defense I dumped a lot of money into that harley then traded it in. But I gotta make this f6 a little more comfy for me
    Congrats on the new bike. Glad you made the right choice. Welcome from southern California. Ride safe and enjoy!

Next time don't wait 3 weeks to post! But then again we all understand if you were on a F6B!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Next time don't wait 3 weeks to post! But then again we all understand if you were on a F6B!
    Heck, he just pulled over for a minute or 2,,, Probably gone riding again!!