Spacely Sprockets
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spacely Sprockets

Spacely Sprockets

So now I'm getting excited to take possession of my F6B! Not really thinking about big mods right now though. I happen to like how it looks right from Honda. Like they employ professional designers or something, right?

But I really would like to get rid of the George Jetson burbling sound. Mind you, I don't particularly need volume or macho rumble -- just no burbling and of course, no drone. Has anyone come up with anything? Mod or product -- either one.

PS. I think those designers might have taken the day off when the new Valkyrie was on the drawing board, but that's just me.

I've always been a Cogswell Cogs man myself!

Just call it what one of my Harley buds called my Rocket III with it's stock exhaust.... The silent Harley assassin.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Well, not that anyone gives a hoot about what I think, I'll throw my into this thread.
    I kind of like the stealth & silence of the F6B due to the fact I ride way to fast and I have found after over 64 years on the front or back of motorcycles... it is the FAST & LOUD bikes that draw the
    while Fast is still in my repertoire, I gave up loud some time ago to save.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

You may want to consider Rush pipes with extensions and 2.0 baffles. Have heard them and they are a nice sound closer to "Porsche" rumble than loud noise. They also have 2.25 and 2.50 baffles if you like louder rumble. Check with Rick from Value Accessories, site sponsors. They carry them and he has them on his F6B. He can tell you a lot about them. Also, Rush folks are great to talk with if you have tech questions.

monster ovals till available

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    So now I'm getting excited to take possession of my F6B! Not really thinking about big mods right now though. I happen to like how it looks right from Honda. Like they employ professional designers or something, right?

But I really would like to get rid of the George Jetson burbling sound. Mind you, I don't particularly need volume or macho rumble -- just no burbling and of course, no drone. Has anyone come up with anything? Mod or product -- either one.

PS. I think those designers might have taken the day off when the new Valkyrie was on the drawing board, but that's just me.
    i still have set of monster ovals for the f6b.....
    600 and you pay shipping
    great sound great price,and low use

Not the pipes!

Guys, listen to this video of the Monster Ovals: http://youtu.be/kpjv2e-KyNI

It makes me realize I'm not talking about exhaust sound -- at least not mostly. It's that high pitched whine that is very prominent on my iPad. What the h*ll is that anyway? I'm guessing it's something I'll just have to get used to, huh?

Lry, I wasn't looking for louder. I don't even want to transition from the stock pipes look -- at least not for now. It's that really high pitched thing. Almost sounds like the birds I'm hearing sitting here in the backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i still have set of monster ovals for the f6b.....
    600 and you pay shipping
    great sound great price,and low use
    Thanks Joe, I'll keep it in mind. But as I say, I'm not looking to move away from the stock pipes -- at least not yet.

That whine noise is. something you will have to get used to it's a normal engine noise, though it's hardly noticeable when riding. Enjoy the new ride .

Thanks Jay. I'll get there. There are worse things. But what is it -- anyone know? I'm just curious. I'm just glad I didn't buy pipes hoping to cure it.

I really like the high pitched whine from the engine/transmission. It's likely the gears in the trans and the whirring of the cam drive that make it almost sound like turbo whistle.