Helmet/Bike Camera - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helmet/Bike Camera

Good choice Paul!!

I think you'll like the ReplayXD...it's simple, easy to operate. I wish I had the new small 1080 version as that has more features than my 720 version...such as just pressing one button to power it on and record. Also, in the event your plastic lens/cover needs to be replaced in the event a pebble hits it or you drop your camera...whatever the case...they are super cheap and available for purchase on amazon. I believe they come in a set of five and also come with the replaceable gaskets.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Replay as I have. The hardest part is the initial install...figuring out what angle is best from the helmet and rotating the camera in the mount so the camera is level to the ground. What I did is center myself to a TV set with the mount and helmet on, recorded a few seconds, then watched the image and adjusted accordingly. I didn't apply the mount permanently until I knew where to place it...so I just used tape to stick it onto my helmet until I find the sweet spot. After I figured out where to mount it and leveled the camera how I liked it, I penciled in some lines to line up to the mount's opening...so when you remove the camera from your helmet...you won't have to re-level it. Here are some pictures of how I mounted mine. I also use a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth comm system, which is mounted toward the left rearside of my helmet (in case you were wondering what that was).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Great Tips

Thanks Man,

This has definitely given me a starting point and will save me some work My camera is on the way from the US, so I should get it early next week once the robbing b******s at UK Customs have been paid their ransom money
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Hey, Paul--What do you think about this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251319164130

Looks like a Chinese knock-off of the Replay XD, don't you think? Wow, talk about cheap! Don't know if I would trust this one .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Too Good.

Yes I saw this one, I had a look and it's a rip off for sure. It is too good to be true, but if you are brave and don't mind taking a chance.....Not me though, I'd rather play safe.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I just picked up a pair of these locally. I'll try them out this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Arrival-...-/290912799597

Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I just picked up a pair of these locally. I'll try them out this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Arrival-...-/290912799597
    Now they do look impressive and a great idea. Please let us know how you get on with them. Thanks.

Mobius results

Just a little update for all those considering bike cameras...my Mobius with wide angle lens arrived and I've run the setup and shot a few short clips with it. There is a bit of learning curve so it will take a little time to get it sorted to my satisfaction. Initially though, the wide angle lens, along with the wide FOV (field of view) setting, resulted in more "fish eye" effect than I was hoping for. Picture quality at 1080P30 is fantastic though and low light performance is also great. The lens is easily replaceable so I might wind up comparing the standard lens. From what I have seen, the standard lens brings objects a little closer and there is less fish eye. OTOH, the wide angle lens offers better low light performance and obviously, a wider view (about 116 degrees). For under $100, I think this little camera will be hard to beat. I particularly like the very small size and light weight and, it's really simple to operate .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Cool Practice

Thanks Ken,

Practice makes perfect, and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon. I guess it all depends what you happy with, but I'm sure like others I'm interested to see what it all looks like. No sign of my camera yet so the waiting continues..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Thanks Ken,

Practice makes perfect, and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon. I guess it all depends what you happy with, but I'm sure like others I'm interested to see what it all looks like. No sign of my camera yet so the waiting continues..
    Yeah, Paul, it's not complicated. Actually, the default settings are not bad at all so the tweaking I'm now doing is just to make it even better. I'll be very interested to compare to your Replay, once you have it dialed in. Hopefully, you'll get that soon. I just set up my YouTube channel (Hornblower) but haven't uploaded anything to it yet. I'm thinking about doing a walk around video on my bike to show some of the after market items including Madstad, HeliBars, Ultimate seat, Rush exhaust, etc. I may even video some of the special effect LED lights (emergency flashers courtesy of Blackbetty 12) .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Cool Start

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yeah, Paul, it's not complicated. Actually, the default settings are not bad at all so the tweaking I'm now doing is just to make it even better. I'll be very interested to compare to your Replay, once you have it dialed in. Hopefully, you'll get that soon. I just set up my YouTube channel (Hornblower) but haven't uploaded anything to it yet. I'm thinking about doing a walk around video on my bike to show some of the after market items including Madstad, HeliBars, Ultimate seat, Rush exhaust, etc. I may even video some of the special effect LED lights (emergency flashers courtesy of Blackbetty 12) .
    Well that's seems like a rather good idea Ken, I'd love to see around your bike, show off all that bling