Helmet/Bike Camera - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Helmet/Bike Camera

Cool It's Arrived.

Well the good news is that the camera has now arrived, and there was no import tax to pay.."Ya beauty" Bad news is that the remnants of Hurricane Bertha have been stuck over Scotland since Sunday and is due to stay here until the beginning of next week, that means right now it's wetter than a fishes armpit!! Still, it will give me time to sort out the camera and have a play with it.

Attachment 7571 Attachment 7572 Attachment 7573
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I'm planning on going with the Mobius, but mounted on the bike itself front and back. Wired so they are a constant on and the video could be used in court or insurance claims as well.

* Look up the user techmoan on youtube. He's a rider that does excellent reviews of bike cams as well as other things. (This is for others Paul -- I know you've already decided on a direction and I look forward to seeing the results. I'm a musician into the blues as well so I'm looking forward to the soundtrack as much as the visual. )

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    I'm planning on going with the Mobius, but mounted on the bike itself front and back. Wired so they are a constant on and the video could be used in court or insurance claims as well.

* Look up the user techmoan on youtube. He's a rider that does excellent reviews of bike cams as well as other things.
    Bigcabdaddy--Totally agree on techmoan videos . He is the expert when it comes to action cams. One of the main reasons I bought the Mobius was his favorable review. And, of course, the price on the Mobius played heavily .

OK, I'm really new at all this action cam stuff but have mounted the cam and recorded the first couple of videos. Here is my initial setup:

Attachment 7710 Attachment 7711

Now, my next step is to learn how to upload to YouTube. It seems that Handbrake software is popular to use in optimizing videos for the web and for YouTube. I've started on that learning curve and hope to publish a video soon. I hope you and Paul will post your tips on mounting and publishing videos so we can all compare notes. We can all help each other to do better than we could do on our own .
    Ken (Hornblower)