Kaoko and HeliBars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaoko and HeliBars

Kaoko and HeliBars

Just to hopefully save someone else some time and trouble, the Kaoko throttle lock cannot be installed on HeliBars. Of course, nothing is impossible but the problem with this combination is that the step damper (bar end insert) is welded in on the HeliBars. The Kaoko kit that fits the F6B is model HND31 and you have to remove the inserts in order to install the Kaoko. Guess I'll stick with my aluminum GoCruise after all .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Just to hopefully save someone else some time and trouble, the Kaoko throttle lock cannot be installed on HeliBars. Of course, nothing is impossible but the problem with this combination is that the step damper (bar end insert) is welded in on the HeliBars. The Kaoko kit that fits the F6B is model HND31 and you have to remove the inserts in order to install the Kaoko. Guess I'll stick with my aluminum GoCruise after all .
    Hey Ken, does this mean you have a Kaoko for sale for cheap? If so I'm your guy!

In all seriousness though, I wonder why Helibars made the choice to make the ends non removable, seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Hey Ken, does this mean you have a Kaoko for sale for cheap? If so I'm your guy!

In all seriousness though, I wonder why Helibars made the choice to make the ends non removable, seems odd.
    Returning it for refund so no cheap sale here . I didn't ask the folks at HeliBars why they elected to weld in the inserts but considering the ultra high quality of their kit, I assume they had a good reason. I suppose if one were desparate to make this work, they could drill out the insert but after paying what I did for the HeliBars, I didn't particularly want to permanently modify it.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have the heated hand grips on my Deluxe... I was considering putting these Heli bars on. Does anyone know if they will work with the heated grips that come with a Deluxe ?

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    I have the heated hand grips on my Deluxe... I was considering putting these Heli bars on. Does anyone know if they will work with the heated grips that come with a Deluxe ?
    My understanding is that yes they work, and include a special tool to remove the heated grips. However the heating element is also very easy to damage so it certainly adds a level of "risk" to the install.

Sure, I have the HeliBars on my deluxe. The install is a bit more involved due to the heated grips but is not particularly difficult. The step-by-step instructions and provided photos are very good. They even provide a special tool to remove the grip. The HeliBars kit is exceptional in fit and overall quality.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Ken,

Thanks for the info...

I'm still on the fence about getting them...

I want to see a F6B with them on it in person...

Joe

Ken,

Thanks for the info...

Joe
    I'm planning on the Franklin rally so if you're there...
    Ken (Hornblower)

Ken,

Thanks for the info...

Joe
    Joe, I have a set of Helibars for sale, $600 plus shipping.

I had a deluxe, the heated grips do come off, it is just time consuming. I took my heated off the stock bars, installed them on the Helibars, removed them from the Helibars, re-installed them on the Helibars, removed them from the Helbars, and re-mounted them on the stock bars before I traded the bike. The grips still worked after all those times. If you remove and install them per the Helibar instructions and with they removal tool, the heated grips are pretty durable.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Ken,

Thanks for the info...

Joe
    +1
    and after reading this post as I want to purchase heli bars but love my kaoko I called helinand the solution could be buy gl bars sounds reasonable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]