New Fast Black 2014 Deluxe
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fast Black 2014 Deluxe

New Fast Black 2014 Deluxe

I just pulled the trigger also on a 6 Blk today!! Took a maiden voyage 135 miles home and it is different good coming off a Vision. (miss the leg room). Twisting the throttle and looking in the mirror made for a huge grin on my face and now I know what you all have been experiencing. I will need to make it my own and miss the comfort of sitting IN the bike instead of on so I will be looking to change the seating some how and getting some sort of backrest extension for the Mrs. Thank you all for your valuable input in this forum. I'm sure ill have some questions.

Welcome to the family, this bike is one of the best I have owned in some time. Lots of info in here on what works and what doesnt.

shooter
    Man that black has some kinda super slick owl snot formula in the paint. Makes all the difference. Probably at least 3 tenths quicker in the 1320 than the "slow red".

Welcome to the Forum, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Man that black has some kinda super slick owl snot formula in the paint. Makes all the difference. Probably at least 3 tenths quicker in the 1320 than the "slow red".

but still 0.02 seconds slower than the yellow one!

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

& from NJ
    Ride it like you stole it

Fast red

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    I just pulled the trigger also on a 6 Blk today!! Took a maiden voyage 135 miles home and it is different good coming off a Vision. (miss the leg room). Twisting the throttle and looking in the mirror made for a huge grin on my face and now I know what you all have been experiencing. I will need to make it my own and miss the comfort of sitting IN the bike instead of on so I will be looking to change the seating some how and getting some sort of backrest extension for the Mrs. Thank you all for your valuable input in this forum. I'm sure ill have some questions.
    I traded my 2011 Vision Tour also for the F6B..After several months with the 6 I do not miss the floorboards and leg room at all...Rather like the rider pegs and the closeness to the tank feel..I went with a Mustang seat which is 1" lower and the adjustable 19"Baggershield and the wind noise and protection is, to me, just as good as the Vision. Engine heat on hot days is way less and I love the power and smoothness of the F6B..There is a link on this site to a back-rest extension made by one of the guys I think, that will move the stock unit up about 4 inches which I understand works great.....Welcome to a great bike......

Congrats on the new F6. Once you get use to the seat position and less legroom you'll be all smiles. I had a Victory Cross Roads with the 106 motor and the power difference with the F6 is very noticeable indeed. The F6 also handles better than my Vic did, although the Vic handled way better than my Harleys. I think I finally found the right bike for me. Wish I had gotten the F6 sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    Besides a new seat, the other thing that is a must is highway pegs for me. I'm a long time Valk rider and so the foot peg location is not all that different. However, with the broad torque curve of these six cylinder engines, it's nothing to ride most of the time with my feet stretched out on the highway pegs.Ergo IIIs and I like them very much. They have a spring mechanism that allows them to rotate down when you put your feet on them and then they spring up when you take your feet off them. There is a brand called Mic-O-Pegs that many really like that does the same kind of thing. I like the looks of the Kurys better.