Have you Dropped it Yet ?

Thread: Have you Dropped it Yet ?

Have you Dropped it Yet ?

The other day I was in a parking lot ready to turn when a car cut the corner into my path. I hit the front brake with wheel turned at about 3 mph. The F6B just flopped over onto its engine guards. Pissed off, I turned the front wheel, turned around and picked it up. Easy enough, but I wish this bike wasn't so hard to manuver at parking lot speeds or I wish I was taller. I can only touch balls of my feet if I jump up to the tank. Tip toes from sitting back in the set. Maybe I need training wheels??

Very close, a slow turn almost shortened my riding season last Wednesday.
    I was making a slow turn inside a parking lot and felt the bike wanting to go over. I put my foot down before I could come to a complete stop and got my boot caught between the mini board and the pavement as the bike was rolling forward. Luckily, before the bones snapped in the top of my foot, the boot slipped out from under the front of the mini board. But man, that hurt for a couple days. Of course I gave a quick look around to see if anyone had seen my stupid move and then walked off to my destination like it didn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jlig View Post
    The other day I was in a parking lot ready to turn when a car cut the corner into my path. I hit the front brake with wheel turned at about 3 mph. The F6B just flopped over onto its engine guards. Pissed off, I turned the front wheel, turned around and picked it up. Easy enough, but I wish this bike wasn't so hard to manuver at parking lot speeds or I wish I was taller. I can only touch balls of my feet if I jump up to the tank. Tip toes from sitting back in the set. Maybe I need training wheels??
    You may want to PM MSGT-R to find out how she likes her new Corbin seat. She had them cut it down considerably to help her overcome a vertical challenge as well. I don't know if she has the seat yet but she would surely put you on the update list.

In the meantime stay off that front brake at parking lot speeds especially if the front wheel is turned.

Beagle

I know it happens but these are the kind of threads I hate reading

Sadly not if but when...anyone who says they have never dropped a bike is not being truthful...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Sadly not if but when...anyone who says they have never dropped a bike is not being truthful...
    True. Over the years I've owned many bikes and dropped several, some more that once. Then again, there have been bikes that I never dropped, just good luck I suppose. So far my F6B is one of the latter.