NO POWER OUTLET???!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO POWER OUTLET???!!!

NO POWER OUTLET???!!!

really? i've scanned the owners manual without success & gone over the bike physically & can't find evidence of an electrical power outlet. am i going blind or is there really not one?

Power outlet

It takes the same 1 as other goldwings! You can buy one for 16.95 on EBay goes in the left glove box easy to install.

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Cool

I would suggest the cigarette lighter type and buy a USB that plugs into the lighter ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post

Pedro has the right idea!!!! Why put in an old school power outlet when you can add a double USB for nearly the same cost. Most modern electronics all run off of a USB.

Beagle

Cool

Beagle, That is true...however on my recent trip, after buying a USB for my GPS...come to find out Garmin requires a USB cable with something in the line so the GPS knows it is hooked to power instead of a computer....I have both types of plug ins. now...but if you buy the cigarette type and USB plug that goes into a cigarette light style plug is only $5....

Bottom line what ever accessories your are going to run make sure you have the plug to run YOUR accessories...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have the lighter with the double USB adapter. Why limit your options, especially on something that cheap. I've gone on trips already where I've forgotten my phone charger. I can get a lighter charger at a gas station. In fact, the one I bought on the last trip is now my F6B charger. I can't always get a USB charger cable.

The funny part is I tried to order the MP3 double USB, but they were back ordered, so I bought the cheaper lighter plug and USB adapter instead, and I'm very glad it worked out that way.

thanx for the help fellows. looks easy enough. can't believe mama honda wouldn't spring for a couple of $$ to install one. been riding beemers too long & have gotten spoiled!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Beagle, That is true...however on my recent trip, after buying a USB for my GPS...come to find out Garmin requires a USB cable with something in the line so the GPS knows it is hooked to power instead of a computer....I have both types of plug ins. now...but if you buy the cigarette type and USB plug that goes into a cigarette light style plug is only $5....

Bottom line what ever accessories your are going to run make sure you have the plug to run YOUR accessories...
    True Dat Steve.

Pedro (Pete),

I clicked on your link and it says that you are out of stock. Any idea when the front usb double charger will be available?