Before I pulled the trigger on the F6B, I wanted to look around and make sure I wasn't just reacting to this new wing look. As a "Sanity Check" I looked at the k1600GTL BMW and the Cross Country Tour Victory.

The BMW had crazy horsepower, something like 160HP. I had seen a picture of one standing on it's rear wheel and thought "now that is sexy"! The technology on the BMW looked first rate. The BMWs I had driven were wonderful. great brakes, superb handling and fast. The seat height was not a problem for me.
What stopped me was the lack of a dealer network in my area and lets face it, I want to travel. If there was a problem I want a dealer close by, not "just one" in my state. The warranty was OK but the price of repairs was very high according to friends who owned them.

The Victory had more dealers in our state so I looked at them. The Vision was too "sweepy" and sort of futuristic. If I don't like the looks, it won't last long no matter how it performs. Now, the Cross Country Tour was more to my taste. A friend had a black one and it was sweet! Unfortunately, he had an engine problem and the customer service at that dealership was lacking. There was a 2 month down time until they could repair it. He traded it for a HD. Still, they were in the running. I could always go to another dealer. The final straw was that my "Sweetie" thought the feel of the throne was only "OK". She was not a fan of "climbing through" to sit down.

So in the end, the factors that led me to the Honda F6B were:
Vast dealer network throughout the USA,
Proven drive train, great smooth power and great warranty,
The looks of my Black F6B, grabbed me by the shoulders, slapped me around and shook me. The only thing I could say was WOW!
And last but certainly not least, was that my "Sweetie" liked the feel of the F6B better. It was easier to get on instead of stepping through, and the seat was comfy. She does't sit back much, so the throne was not important. She likes to snuggle up most of the time.

So far, there hasn't been anything I've seen or heard that leads me to believe my decision would be any different if I was making this decision again today, (16 months and 11000 miles later).