I'd like to hear about the bikes that folks were considering before settling on the F6B. And what caused you to eliminate them from your list.

At first, I was thinking about getting an adventure style bike mostly for the upright riding position. I test rode these:

BMW R1200GS (the new liquid cooled version) - This would be my favorite bike ever if not for two things - annoying foot peg vibration and the reputation this bike has for problems. They are using a heavier flywheel for 2015, so I suppose there's a chance that will help with the vibration.

Yamaha Super Tenere - Great handling, but boring engine, and too much vibration.

Triumph Tiger Explorer - Powerful engine with nice sound, but bothersome vibration in the handlebars. Also, there were a lot of problems the first couple years this bike was made. Supposedly, Triumph has redesigned the problematic components. But, I'm still a bit concerned.

As you may have noticed, I'm a bit sensitive to vibration. I've been riding for over 25 years and somehow ever since I got my 2011 Yamaha FJR, vibration on that bike and many others bugs the heck out of me. After some internet researching I discovered that the Honda flat-6 has virtually nobody complaining of annoying vibration. So, I reluctantly decided the F6B was worth checking out. I thought for sure weight and power would be deal breakers.

Victory Cross Country - Before I had a chance to test ride the F6B, Victory had a demo ride event at a dealer within walking distance from my house. I took a ride on the Cross Country. I loved how comfortable that bike was. The weight didn't bother me as much as I expected. The power wasn't that great, but there was no unpleasant vibration at cruising speed. The clutch pull was heavy compared to all the other bikes I took for test rides. The biggest disappointment was the way the front wheel felt completely disconnected from the handlebars. I suppose there is a chance the problem was caused by an under-inflated front tire. Because I found that bike so comfortable, there's a slight chance I'll try it again. If I do, I'll check the tire pressure before the test ride.

Honda CTX 1300 - The dealer didn't have a F6B available, so I decided to try the CTX 1300. Boring, boring, boring. I nearly fell asleep and crashed. Lack of power was a deal killer. I hit the rev limiter several times in a vain attempt to make the bike interesting. The front end also seemed numb like the Cross Country.

Honda Goldwing - As I was returning to the dealer, someone else come back from a Goldwing test ride. It was a crusty used 1800 with 80,000 miles. I figure if I like this thing, I'm going to love the F6B. Other than feeling slightly cramped, I was blown away by how much I liked it. I had to find an F6B to ride.

Honda F6B - A day or two after the Goldwing ride, I found a dealer with a demo F6B. The different seat made it feel more spacious than the full Goldwing. All that up high weight chopped off payed off in power and handling. In fact, handling and power seem almost as good as my FJR, but it is much smoother and more comfortable.

I'm not going to buy until next year, but I'm not sure if there is any point in trying out any other bikes. Although, I might try out a Valkyrie if the aftermarket comes out with the right accessories.

Let's hear your stories about bikes that lost out to the F6B!