What bikes did you consider buying before settling on the F6B? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What bikes did you consider buying before settling on the F6B?

Kawasaki voyager
    BMW 1600
    Victory xcountry tour

Got the F6B because of the engine and the fun ride. I like to ride hard and I really was impressed with the power and handling of this bike.

No others
    Been on me old ST1100 for years and done a few hundred thou on it and just thought I'd upgrade.
    So read up on the F6B
    Seen one with a heap of extras on it for sale
    Made the phone call
    jumped on a plane
    Picked it up
    Rode it Home
    900 Kays
    11 Hrs
    Everything better than perfect
    Its not for show
    Riding to Macca's for a Latte
    Or seeing how much money I can spend on it
    Its me transport

I wasn't looking. She found me.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

After doing HD and Victory for years, I just wanted OUT of the VTwin environment and step back to when a motorcycle was just a motorcycle--something you ride for fun and you spend more time riding than you do washing and polishing chrome. In bikes I always buy USED with about 1-3K for the best bang for the buck. Yama FJR and Suzuki V Strom were looking good and so were some V Rods-Night Rod especially as the 07 models and older were affordable--And yes I did say VRod. No I don't consider it a Harley. I had seen the F6B, but they were not on the market long enough to be affordable, and then I saw one advertised for $12,999. So I did what any bike guy would do-- I started lying and promising my wife ANYTHING if I can just get this bike! I said "Hey, look, it is really cheaper than that because I don't have to spend any money on it like the Harleys and Victorys-- it comes complete"!

I installed my Mustang tuck and roll last Friday. (Thanks to Rick at Value) My Rocky's Risers work great as does the SoCal lights and Saddleman liners, ERGO III, Kury Mini boards, J&M speakers, Baggershield and LEDs everywhere. And my SuperBrace is supposed to be delivered today. It is a sickness.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    After doing HD and Victory for years, I just wanted OUT of the VTwin environment and step back to when a motorcycle was just a motorcycle--something you ride for fun and you spend more time riding than you do washing and polishing chrome. In bikes I always buy USED with about 1-3K for the best bang for the buck. Yama FJR and Suzuki V Strom were looking good and so were some V Rods-Night Rod especially as the 07 models and older were affordable--And yes I did say VRod. No I don't consider it a Harley. I had seen the F6B, but they were not on the market long enough to be affordable, and then I saw one advertised for $12,999. So I did what any bike guy would do-- I started lying and promising my wife ANYTHING if I can just get this bike! I said "Hey, look, it is really cheaper than that because I don't have to spend any money on it like the Harleys and Victorys-- it comes complete"!

I installed my Mustang tuck and roll last Friday. (Thanks to Rick at Value) My Rocky's Risers work great as does the SoCal lights and Saddleman liners, ERGO III, Kury Mini boards, J&M speakers, Baggershield and LEDs everywhere. And my SuperBrace is supposed to be delivered today. It is a sickness.
    Comes "complete" with a costly bunch of aftermarket accessories would have been a more truthful answer to your wife!!!...I tried to get away with the same thing and now she watches me like a "hawk"....Ride safe

T new HD Road Glide
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I fell in love with the F6B at first sight. Briefly thought about the Victory Cross Country and the Statoliner. The 6 was just right for me. Plus the reliability of Honda was a big factor.

Kannon V8

1998 Kannon V8 BobberAttachment 12621

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    1998 Kannon V8 BobberAttachment 12621
    I remember those! I got to ride one back then. I also rode the V6 version, along with a few Boss Hoss's as well. Love em!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I wasn't looking. She found me.
    Same with me. I was happy with my 12 wing. I went into the local dealer to pick up a part for the 82 CB750F I was working on and left without the Wing on a left over 13 F6. Oh I also got the part I was after. Good thing my wife is OK with bikes!!!