Bluetooth Headset - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth Headset

Cool

I took the lazy was out for around town or short trips...I have my I Phone 5 in a holder on the bar with ear phones and Pandora playing...when a call comes in..no Problem and I have Siri for all other functions...

On longer trips I go with my Arai helmet with Scala rider along with ear plugs into the bikes radio...GPS and phone into helmet via Scala...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    What are you wearing for a helmet?
    I have seen several reviews of the Sena SMH-10 online and would have to say my persoanl experience mirrors that of the reviews. Crystal clear communication whether on the phone, music or using the communicator function with another rider.
    If you are having wind noise issues it is likely a result of not using a quality helmet.

Beagle
    OK , you have me confused ; what does a helmet have to do with the mic? The wind noise is not in the helmet ; it's in the speaker.

Is there a way to integrate it with the stock sound system

I have the Sena SMH-10. Since its the 21st century I say it's time to get rid of all the wired crap.
    The Sena will run your phone, music player and ZUMO all via Bluetooth. It also will allow you to talk to up to 3 other Sena owners via Bluetooth with a 900 meter range.
    It is a top rated system that I would highly recommend.

Beagle
    I would like to go wireless, but I'm pretty fond of the sound system on the bike, to include the FM radio and ability to hook up iphone.ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoug View Post
    OK , you have me confused ; what does a helmet have to do with the mic? The wind noise is not in the helmet ; it's in the speaker.
    In your first post you said "Couldn't get a clear voice with all the wind noise in the background. She only got 75% of my voice ,and I could not understand her, unless she put her hand in front of the mike."

To me it sounds like wind noise was affecting your ability to use the system. If you have a less than ideal helmet it will affect the quality of your conversation. The fact she could shield the mic and then you could hear her indicates she was reducing the background wind noise by covering the mic.

Maybe someone else can explain it better if he doesn't get this explanation because now I'm confused by his last post.

In your first post you said "Couldn't get a clear voice with all the wind noise in the background. She only got 75% of my voice ,and I could not understand her, unless she put her hand in front of the mike."

To me it sounds like wind noise was affecting your ability to use the system. If you have a less than ideal helmet it will affect the quality of your conversation. The fact she could shield the mic and then you could hear her indicates she was reducing the background wind noise by covering the mic.

Maybe someone else can explain it better if he doesn't get this explanation because now I'm confused by his last post.
    OK,- the speakers have a constant roar that is louder than her voice. I'm assuming it is wind noise , the roar would subside in my helmet when she shielded her mike with both her hands , and only then I could hear her clearly. She shouldn't be expected to do this every time to talk.
    Yes, I have already switched the speakers and mic's around , same result.
    I can not explain this any better , and still don't see how a helmet has anything to do with it.

Cool

Try a new mic cover .....the foam cover...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ddoug View Post
    OK,- the speakers have a constant roar that is louder than her voice. I'm assuming it is wind noise , the roar would subside in my helmet when she shielded her mike with both her hands , and only then I could hear her clearly. She shouldn't be expected to do this every time to talk.
    Yes, I have already switched the speakers and mic's around , same result.
    I can not explain this any better , and still don't see how a helmet has anything to do with it.
    If you're using the Sena system with the boom mic, make sure the mic is facing the right way. There is a small triangle on the stem directly adjacent to the mic. That triangle should be towards your mouth. If the mic is twisted, the business end of the mic can be facing away from your mouth and will be hit by wind.

Keep the mic w/in a few mm's of your mouth (close enough to contact with your lips if you pooch them out a little bit).

The factory default is for the voice activation to be turned off (i.e. you can't just activate the intercom using your voice). The factory default is that you have to push the jog dial to initiate the intercom and push it again to end an intercom chat. I suggest always running it in this mode. If you use the voice activation, you can inadvertently activate the intercom when coughing, sneezing, singing/talking to yourself, etc.

Also, make sure your firmware is up to date. I just updated mine yesterday, and there is a new audio profile that increased the speaker sound significantly.

Roaring sound

I have noticed a roaring sound with the volume turned right up. Try turning the volume down a little on the Jog Dial. I have mine mounted in Shoei helmets and am more than pleased with the performance of the Sena setup.

I have the Scala Rider Q1- rider to passenger. Also makes and receives calls. Speakers aren't great for music though.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-q1

I miss my old wired Chatterbox system from the 90's. No batteries, no charging, no bluetooth. just plug and talk. I think my only disappointment in the F6B is it came with a driver intercom but not passenger. I wonder what the cost would be to hook one up.