Bluetooth Headset
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Headset

Bluetooth Headset

Just mounted my ZUMO 660 on my bike and I would like to get a good Bluetooth headset so I can hear directions and talk on the phone. Any suggestions as to which one to buy?

Cool

Just plug into the bike......

http://www.edsets.com/3G_headsets
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    Just mounted my ZUMO 660 on my bike and I would like to get a good Bluetooth headset so I can hear directions and talk on the phone. Any suggestions as to which one to buy?
    I have the Sena SMH-10. Since its the 21st century I say it's time to get rid of all the wired crap.
    The Sena will run your phone, music player and ZUMO all via Bluetooth. It also will allow you to talk to up to 3 other Sena owners via Bluetooth with a 900 meter range.
    It is a top rated system that I would highly recommend.

Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    I have the Sena SMH-10. Since its the 21st century I say it's time to get rid of all the wired crap.
    The Sena will run your phone, music player and ZUMO all via Bluetooth. It also will allow you to talk to up to 3 other Sena owners via Bluetooth with a 900 meter range.
    It is a top rated system that I would highly recommend.

Beagle
    This is good to hear, I just bought a Bell Mag-9 helmet which integrates Sena, lots of good reviews out there, looks popular?

Cool Bluetooth USB 2.0 Micro Adapter Dongle

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm using UCLEAR

I'm using UCLEAR bluetooth. It was $149 for the basic model.
    It has noise canceling technology and is boomless.
    I use a samsung smart phone with "talk" app. I can hear my navigation, speak a text message, dictate a memo, of course make a phone call and hear an incoming text read to back to me. Without the smart phone I can still talk rider to passenger and bike to bike.
    Still learning how to use it all.
    It helps to have a quiet helmet. I found that because my helmet wind noise was loud in my helmet (first, cheap helmet), I would yell to talk. This would confuse the noise canceling function and it would try to cancel my voice. Quieter helmet and speaking normally and it works just fine.

I 'm disappointed with the new Sena SMH10. First let me say the unit works perfect off the bike ,loud and clear .Our first ride test was terrible. Couldn't get a clear voice with all the wind noise in the background. She only got 75% of my voice ,and I could not understand her, unless she put her hand in front of the mike. We tried the special little caps and socks for the mics; but it didn't make any difference.
    I don't know what to do now ; feel like I wasted $300.
    Should have looked at race car head sets?

Quote Originally Posted by ddoug View Post
    I 'm disappointed with the new Sena SMH10. First let me say the unit works perfect off the bike ,loud and clear .Our first ride test was terrible. Couldn't get a clear voice with all the wind noise in the background. She only got 75% of my voice ,and I could not understand her, unless she put her hand in front of the mike. We tried the special little caps and socks for the mics; but it didn't make any difference.
    I don't know what to do now ; feel like I wasted $300.
    Should have looked at race car head sets?
    What are you wearing for a helmet?
    I have seen several reviews of the Sena SMH-10 online and would have to say my persoanl experience mirrors that of the reviews. Crystal clear communication whether on the phone, music or using the communicator function with another rider.
    If you are having wind noise issues it is likely a result of not using a quality helmet.

Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have SCALA RIDER and I'm tired of the battery going dead and charging the thing up before a ride. I want something that will work all the time, so I've decided to go hard wire. Steve I guess I need to read up on what head sets to get, cause I have no idea what product to get and what I need. I don't even know what a dongle is or does or how it connects to other products.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

New to the whole GoldWing Electronics

I run my iphone in the bag connected all the time. I would like to answer calls or make calls if needed using the iPhone. I am thinking a Bluetooth solution would work best. Since I am new to the GoldWing comms thing, would I be missing anything by not plugging into the 5 pin cable?
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"