Do any of you like Harley Davidson....
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Had a 13roadglide. Nice looking bike And I thought it was a nice riding bike coming off a 2000 yamaha roadstar. Until the electrical problems set in 4-5 times in the shop in less than 1 years and 10,000 miles. So I went and test drove the f6 and bought the bike I looked at last summer and should have bought. If I test drove the f6 last year I would have never even went to the hd dealer that day. Gotta agree with other. Nice paint and chrome

I had a Street Bob that I was pretty happy with but I thought the Street Glide would be the ultimate. I was wrong. I got an 07 and it handled like crap, stopped like crap and was in the shop over and over. Engine had to be rebuilt at 35k. I traded it in on the F6B as soon as I paid it down enough to get it financed. But as fun and comfy as the F6B is, I missed the feel of a paint shaker between my legs. I always wanted a Sportster so I picked up a used one and I love it! Now I have the best of both worlds (for me). Most of my riding is with HOG since I made so many friends over the last few years. I ride the F6B all week to work and ride the Sporty on the weekends. I think I'm good to go, for a while at least!

Never been a HD fan, never really understood why they were so expensive. They always seemed to me to be underpowered, underdeveloped, unreliable and uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Never been a HD fan, never really understood why they were so expensive. They always seemed to me to be underpowered, underdeveloped, unreliable and uncomfortable.
    Well I have never understood the concept of being a Harley only advocate...anymore than I understand being a one beer brand kind of person....variety is the spice of life and all that.

I would even agree with some of the above comments relating to the cost etc. I mean HD was/is as much about branding and marketing as it was/is about bikes. They sold a lifestyle and anyone that wants to by into it....who am I to criticize.

However after running an 88 evo powered heritage for a number of years (back and forth and around the continent) I can say that the bikes when not tinkered with (too much) are as solid as tractors....and about as comfortablewith paint and chrome...at least from that era that goes on for ever. Tough machines until people start tinkering with things better off left alone. I think the biggest downfall to the HD brand is people that don't have the know how messing with perfectly working machines till they don't work and then blaming it on the brand. I have seen quite a bit of that...and I am not one to defend HD or any other make.

tink

I am right on with Xknight!

I agree with everything he said and yes, I love my Harley's, but this bike is exceptional. My local HD dealer in Boerne at Javelina, cringes every time I ride it onto the lot to visit with my HD buddies. Most of the guys I ride with are Harley owners, and they all are in the rear view mirror when it's time to giddy-up!!!

I guess it is the heat issues, price, and mechanical failures that have stopped me from taking the plunge. I just loved, loved, loved the look of the 2013 Road King Classic in pearl white. That, to me, is the quintessential image of a motorcycle.

I like the history, the look, the customabilty but the sound has actually become a bit annoying, every time I hear a H-D I think of the South Park Episode "FAG" and it just make me laugh, now granted I still own an 84 Softail
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Harley has Fantastic Paint Jobs and their Fit and Finish is top notch for sure, and I am sure nobody will argue that Harley marketing is one of the best in any business.

I bought $21,000 worth of HD t-shirts.......and a bike came with it. My 07 Ultra was a great bike. However, the F6B is my all-time favorite.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have had two HD's, good looking and sounding bikes.... but no performance to speak of without dropping another few grand on a stage 3 kit.
    You know what they say, "Harley... The best way to turn gasoline into noise without the benefit of horsepower" My last one left me stranded with a bad electrical system in the middle of nowhere and it was only 6 months old... so no more HD's for me. Ran a hopped up one the other day, he thought he was fast, I hit the governor in 2nd, popped 3rd and he was dust.