Do any of you like Harley Davidson....
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

.....and if so, why? If not, why? This ought to be interesting but I need to know other's opinion about this manufacturer.

Sure I like HD bikes. I like all bikes actually. If it has 2 wheels and a motor it usually makes me smile. I've owned a bunch of Harley bikes and still have one in the garage.

What I don't like about the manufacturer is that they are still trying to sell bikes based on being an American icon yet they now have a manufacturing plant in India and many of their parts, accessories and clothing come from China. If you want to claim American heritage then don't sell out. Also, I'm not into the Harley lifestyle and herd mentality that many Harley owners seem to flock too.

I love Harleys from Shovels on back. The new ones... no dig for me. I guess I am an old breed Harley man. Although I had 2 Evo's, a Shovel and a 883 Snorty. Nice bikes.... too much to clean, too many gaskets and O-rings , best for a tinker man. I'd buy another Shovel right now

My best friend rides a 2006 Roadking. Funny, I always ask him to let me put some fishtails on it and maybe some new handlebars.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

I consider myself a Harley guy and after 20 years of Harley riding I have sold both my HD bikes and only have the F6B. They are beautiful, but honestly we were ready for quiet smooth touring. I never dressed like a pirate anyway so I don't have tons of HD clothes to give away

I think Harleys are beautiful machines. Nobody but nobody can apply paint like Harley can. I have never owned one and now that I'm getting older, I probably never will. Nothing against the machines, just never shopped for one for some reason.

Yes and I like the smell of leather in the feel of boots!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

If it has 2 wheels its worth a ride. In my 40+ years on the street most have been on Harleys. In my opinion Harley thinks they are the only one building bikes. If they gave me a descent trade in price I probably would have never looked any further.

Now that I did buy the F6B I will probably never look back. I sold my Ultra and thinking of selling my Fatboy. The F6B to me is in a class of its own and Harley just doesnt realize that they are missing the mark.

The wise investor puts their hard earned money into a product they can spend a lot of time riding comfortably. I can not ride a Harley any where comfortably.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

sure I love Harleys too, and just traded our "13 Ultra Limited 110th Annniv. bike on our F6B deluxe. I have had probably more Harleys than others, though at least 4 wings and 3 ST's etc. Twenty odd years ago touring the factory in York, the boxes all over the place read made in Taiwan, I guess now they can save in China, just didn't enjoy the last one so much or the "09 before it, with a Vic. Vision in between. In retrospect, I would probably go back a long way if buying Harley today, they can't duplicate the original with what they make today, or replicate the nostalgia that gave them the popularity that they are trying to retain, and how long will that last with doctors lawyers and fantasizers in pirate wear? D.

I tend to agree with some of the above posts also..Harley does a great job of painting and chrome, but the engines leave a lot to be desired in my opinion...The all look alike and sound alike and I have never been one to join the "good ole boys club" and ride to the local dealer park my bike and spend all afternoon talking about how "great HD's" are...Too each his own, as they say, and I choose to ride a Honda F6B and "blow-away" HD's when the opportunity arises...Even at my ripe old age (74) it is still kinda fun to hit the gas!!!!