Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

HD makes a fine motorcycle. The motor company just could never check all the boxes that I wanted in a motorcycle. I could never frown that much and put on all the funny motor clothes. I like the Dudes with imported cars and trucks with Harley Davidson front tags. Now HD has the 500/750 water cooled Dot Head Model. Oh for the North American market the Indian (country) parts are assembled in The USA.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

I have had many. Rode them when they weren't popular. Had some bad experiences with shovelheads and still loved the lope.
    I guess it's been a love/ hate relationship. I have learned to never say never. Right now, I love my F6B and that's a good thing !!

I had my share of HDs, didn't wear pirate outfits and building trikes one test of a Goldwing and I was sold. Owned a GL1500 trike for 6 years before selling it. If I get a better job and my finances improve I may build myself another Wing trike.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I tend to agree with some of the above posts also..Harley does a great job of painting and chrome, but the engines leave a lot to be desired in my opinion...The all look alike and sound alike and I have never been one to join the "good ole boys club" and ride to the local dealer park my bike and spend all afternoon talking about how "great HD's" are...Too each his own, as they say, and I choose to ride a Honda F6B and "blow-away" HD's when the opportunity arises...Even at my ripe old age (74) it is still kinda fun to hit the gas!!!!
    I blew two away yesterday. Just couldn't help it ! My wife said, "You know I hate that when you do that". MY BAD !!!

Been riding for 40yrs, Harley has the best paint job on the market, But thats all they have NOW..

I love their looks but have always been afraid to buy one because of the mechanical issues I hear that they have and the roasting heat I hear that they generate.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I like 'em all.
    I buy which ever bike fits my needs at the time.
    Maybe some day that will be a HD. Maybe not.

Love the fact that they are an American based company.
    Disappointed that the products they make don't have what I need in a motorcycle.
    Ditto for the two Polaris bike brands.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Had a 13roadglide. Nice looking bike And I thought it was a nice riding bike coming off a 2000 yamaha roadstar. Until the electrical problems set in 4-5 times in the shop in less than 1 years and 10,000 miles. So I went and test drove the f6 and bought the bike I looked at last summer and should have bought. If I test drove the f6 last year I would have never even went to the hd dealer that day. Gotta agree with other. Nice paint and chrome

I had a Street Bob that I was pretty happy with but I thought the Street Glide would be the ultimate. I was wrong. I got an 07 and it handled like crap, stopped like crap and was in the shop over and over. Engine had to be rebuilt at 35k. I traded it in on the F6B as soon as I paid it down enough to get it financed. But as fun and comfy as the F6B is, I missed the feel of a paint shaker between my legs. I always wanted a Sportster so I picked up a used one and I love it! Now I have the best of both worlds (for me). Most of my riding is with HOG since I made so many friends over the last few years. I ride the F6B all week to work and ride the Sporty on the weekends. I think I'm good to go, for a while at least!