Seat question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat question

Seat question

I think I need a new seat. I have the stock seat with a backrest and the pressure on my ham bones is horrible after an hour. I have not put highway pegs on yet and think that might help if I could stretch my legs out from time to time and change my seat angle. I have tried scooting around on the seat to move the pressure point but no help. Any thoughts? I really don't want to drop a ton O cash on a seat!

Other than that I have 750 miles in the two weeks I have had it and am not having second thoughts.

How's bout- you join us at the Rally, and you can try just about every option out there! Then you can decide!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    How's bout- you join us at the Rally, and you can try just about every option out there! Then you can decide!
    That's what I'm going to do. Might even take some pictures.

I'm real happy with my Mustang seat. The stock seat became uncomfortable after about an hour, but the Mustang seat feels much better for me. It seems a bit narrower in front and does lower you about an inch and allow you to sit back a bit further depending on your seating position. The back support is excellent as well.

I have the stock seat and highway pegs ,and useing the highway pegs gives a little relief but not a lot . I'm looking at probably getting a Rusell daylong seat next year , many have given the daylong seat high praises. Good luck with your quest for comfort.

I am perfectly content with my Mustang seat so far..Sits me lower and seems to offer a more comfortable ride and more control of the bike..Many prefer the Ultimate seat as well..Some have the RDL seat and are happy...I don't ride real long distances anymore so what I have is fine for me...I think the advise about going to try other seats is the way to go if you can make the meet...Several riders also have had success, and a lot cheaper, by contacting Mean City Cycles and modifying the stock seat....Good luck....

I have a BMW buddy that swears by Day Long, but I would have to sell a lot of blood for that. I sent mean city an email, they seem really reasonable!

I don't think I canals he rally, I have too much scheduled already to add another trip.

Thanks everyone

Mean city has not done a F6B any won't until they see one. Anyone close to Charlotte NC? It's too far for me to go up there. I could buy a seat for that!

I must admit that I can ride for a long time on my stock seat. Most motorcycle seats need to be switched out immediately after purchase. The only other stock seat that was good to me was my Road Star.

Corbin seat with backrest! areo pegs as well, I can ride for days!