Question for former and current Valkyrie (original version) owners

Thread: Question for former and current Valkyrie (original version) owners

Question for former and current Valkyrie (original version) owners

I currently own a Valkyrie that I have added hard bags and a trunk. I am thinking about getting an F6B. My question is what are the main differences between the original Valkyries and the F6B. I am aware of the engine differences, etc and the technical specs. What are the handling differences and what might you miss from the Valkyrie that is not present with the F6B?

Any information that you provide is appreciated. I just need to know more before I make the change.

Thanks.

Dave

I do not know how to get the picture reversed.

The seat is an inch or two higher on the F6B, I can put my feet flat on my 97 standard but I can't get flat footed on the new F6B. I also love the center stand on the deluxe model. The only thing I had to change right out of the gate was the windscreen.

The F6B handles better, especially at low speeds, has more power, & is every bit as smooth as the original Valk. I have over 100,000 Valkyrie miles under my belt & I was beginning to think my Valks would have to last me forever.
    Until I got my F6B. It is basically an updated version of the Valkyrie Tourer. Test ride one, you'll see what I mean!

The factory w/s is too short, easily remedied & the bags take some getting used to compared to the Valk Tourer bags. LOVE the 1832cc F.I. power, better fuel mileage AND more power.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrvalk1 View Post
    I currently own a Valkyrie that I have added hard bags and a trunk. I am thinking about getting an F6B. My question is what are the main differences between the original Valkyries and the F6B. I am aware of the engine differences, etc and the technical specs. What are the handling differences and what might you miss from the Valkyrie that is not present with the F6B?

Any information that you provide is appreciated. I just need to know more before I make the change.

Thanks.

Dave

I do not know how to get the picture reversed.
    I have this
    10291691_718168034891620_6412886672579193435_n (1).jpgAttachment 734710414559_730109727030784_4167630138751639067_n (1).jpg

They are two entirely different animals. Yes the motors are of the same lineage, but the F6B feels sporty and lighter. It is faster too. I've got the Kury Ergo IIIs on the F6B along with the Kury riser kit that moves the handlebars back a bit and up. It is very comfortable, however not quite to the degree my valk is comfortable , yet. My Valk has Ultimate King seat with driver and passenger backrests. It's like sitting in a recliner with the feet up on the highway pegs. However , my Valkyrie has 6 into 6 pipes that sound really good, but I'm really appreciating the quiet ride of the stock exhaust on the F6B,,, for now.

The Valk is a great bike, but in handling and stopping there is no comparison...IMHO

I had a '97 Valky Tourer. I loved that bike for what it was...a cruiser that had the ability to long distance tour. It was unique, and stood out in the sea of H-D bikes that gathered everywhere I went.

I love my F6B for similar reasons...it's more a touring bike that can be a cruiser on the weekends. I will be riding the F6B to Franklin in a few weeks (2500 miles), and have no reservations about taking it on a long distance ride like that. The addition of stereo, plus an added Sirius/XM radio will only add to the enjoyment of the 600 mile days I'll be doing on the way back.

Fear not...you will love the F6B!

I have both. As far as ride and performance there is no comparison. The F6B is light years ahead. If im going cross country, I'll take the F6B . What the Valk does have over the F6B is the cool factor. It doesnt matter where I go, the ole Valk gets looks and walk arounds every time. (the F6B does too, but it seems different) The Valk has great paint and chrome, and that big chrome motor stickin out the sides is like a flame for the moths.
    11.jpgAttachment 7354
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Yep to all above. Coming off a 99 Valkyrie Interstate - the F6B is more of a Valkyrie than the new Valkyrie is! I rather reluctantly took the F6B on a test drive and didn't even get across the parking lot and new I had the right one for me. Handles better than the Dragon did and just as comfy. Yes, a different look but still a head turner. Smooth as silk and a joy to ride. You won't regret the choice!