Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
Jimmy, you can go to an online parts fiche and compare part numbers between the gears on a 2013 1800 and a 2014 1800. Also you can go on the GL1800 Riders site and do a search and you will find the pictures of the gears and the changes Honda made. Goldwing Greg from Just Wings posted the pictures. I rode up to Wing Ding just to meet him so he could show me the gears and explain what the problem was. If either my F6B or my 06 Wing has a transmission problem I will be taking it to him in Florida. If you really want to learn about the 1800 transmission, go to his site Just Wings.
I checked out his site, thanks. Good info. Still would like to see an acknowledgement from Honda on the matter and reasoning for any changes.
So have you had any issues with either? My F6B is still brand spanking new, but it shifts beautifully. According to Just Wing site, it has happened to brand new machines right off the sales floor. I've got four years of warranty on my F6B, so if it ever does happen, hopefully it is within that timeline. Are there many here who have had the problem?