Sales of the F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sales of the F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Ok, I've read here today where someone posted about this. What's the deal here> Is this an issue supposedly with all Wing transmissions? Since when ? 2001?? or is this suppose to be just with 2013 models? I don't have any issues with mine, of course it's brand new. I've not heard of this before now.
    I had Ghost shifting on my '08 and '12 full Wings. It is no fun when it downhifts under power. I have not had a single issue on my '13 F6B with 20,600 miles, more miles than I put on either of my previous Wings. I don't think I shift any different but certainly am pleased the issue has not occurred on my latest ride.

As someone mentioned, the F6B is a niche bike. It fits my riding needs petfectly but, as was also mentioned, the absence of cruise has been a big deterent to many who would otherwise jump on the oppertunity to own the F6B. I have not missed any of the features missing from my previous full Wings. I also have not missed Ghost Shifts and the dreaded Wing front end wobble. I am glad I bought the fast red version since it now is the fast red limited edition model!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3 F6Bs at my office.....

I work in an office with about 300 other people. There are now three of us with F6bs in the office. Two fast black 13s and one HOR 14 Signature series Red one. Sales may be slower in some areas, but they seem to be OK in Georgia. Just a heads up, I talk with the owner of the 2014 bike and he has had several ghost shift issues, his bike has less than 1000 miles on it (only had it a couple of weeks). Myself and the owner of the other 2013 Black bikes have not had the issue at all. Not trying to , but Honda may not have gotten this correct on the 14s.

Scottydi

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydi View Post
    Just a heads up, I talk with the owner of the 2014 bike and he has had several ghost shift issues, his bike has less than 1000 miles on it (only had it a couple of weeks). Myself and the owner of the other 2013 Black bikes have not had the issue at all. Not trying to , but Honda may not have gotten this correct on the 14s.

Scottydi
    Maybe there's more to it than 'Honda',,,,

My bike would 'half shift' at times with my old work boots. Problem has disappeared since I went to a MC-specific ~sport~ shoe.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydi View Post
    I work in an office with about 300 other people. There are now three of us with F6bs in the office. Two fast black 13s and one HOR 14 Signature series Red one. Sales may be slower in some areas, but they seem to be OK in Georgia. Just a heads up, I talk with the owner of the 2014 bike and he has had several ghost shift issues, his bike has less than 1000 miles on it (only had it a couple of weeks). Myself and the owner of the other 2013 Black bikes have not had the issue at all. Not trying to , but Honda may not have gotten this correct on the 14s.

Scottydi

If you are comfortable in doing so ….

TRADE bikes for a 2-3 hour ride and see if he has the same issue with your bike.
    It could be the Rider but then again if you experience the ghost shifting on his bike, it could be Honda

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    If ghost shifting is a myth, why did Honda spend the money to change transmissions on all 2014 1800 engines? I suppose anything that doesn't happen to you is a myth. You ought to give shifting classes.
    I'm not looking to start any arguments, I enjoy the peaceful feeling on this site compared to other Goldwing sites.

My comment was made so people aren't scared away from any GL series bike made before '14. This is this is arguably the finest bike on the market, with many people traveling hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles. I believe proper shifting will help prevent any unwanted trans issues.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I believe proper shifting will help prevent any unwanted trans issues.

And 'proper' may not be the same way you've shifted other bikes,,,

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I enjoy the peaceful feeling on this site compared to other Goldwing sites.
    Me TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by olds34dude View Post
    I think this was about sales, The dealer I bought from in Wesley Chapel, Fl. sold me mine and an 8k used '13 on the same day and a '13 demo just a few days later, I have seen a few on the roads in my area, I didn't think to ask them how many they had sold , but gather a few, right now they only have 2 on the floor, both in yeller, D
    Used to live out there, nice riding that way. Used to see a lot of triked Wings there about. So far, here in Seattle area, I'm the onlybn f6b I've seen on the road, though there are some other guys on this forum in WA state. People seem to like it, draws comments, even from the Harley guys.
    ss^,
    Ken

Johncmendenhall

From Kenmore

Harley Riders seem to flock to this bike

I have had several Harley riders comment on my bike. Compared to the HD Glide, performance being arguably similar the $14k price difference really gets their attention. Give it time, Honda made the right move to appeal to the more sophisticated HD rider.