Sales of the F6B - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sales of the F6B

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Ghost shifting is a Myth, plain and simple. There is nothing wrong with the GL1800 trans. Any issue with shifting is a rider error issue, like a short or fast incomplete shift or half shift. It can also be caused by heel/toe shifters(NOT recommended for use on the GL). Make sure you make a solid and complete shift and you will never have any worries and you trans will last you forever
    Could not of said it better myself.Can't pussy foot the shift on these bikes.

My dealer had 3 when I bought mine, all are gone including the 3 replacements he got from HOA, and he now has 6 on hand and has sold 2 of those this week. I guess the 'recession' is over in my area.
    As for the 'Ghost Shifting issue I agree that it is a rider error thing. I have a heel/toe and have not experienced it, but I also had a heel/toe on my last bike for 100,000+ miles without issue...... well, I did snap the linkage once speed shifting and had to ride home in 2nd gear, but then the VTX is bullet proof.

I just brought a 2013. It's the first one he sold. He was glad to get rid of it. He also say no one was has looked at the new Valkyrie. He sells a lot of Goldwings but he is a very small dealer in a city with 30,000 people. I didn't think he will get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Me TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Biggest arugment on this site is which color is fastest!!

Red of course
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with the tranny, the only miss shifts I have experienced are when I have a big toe shoe on, or I'm really tired and try to lazy shift after a long night at work...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Biggest arugment on this site is which color is fastest!!

Red of course
    No doubt its Fastest Black. The name says it all. I agree with whoever said that ghost shifting is a myth. Our shifters are not the easiest to get your toe under and manipulate. And you can't pussy-foot that shift. You have to shift it like you mean it. I have an M109R also and although it has plenty of room for your foot you better better bang it when going from 1st to 2nd or you'll miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Maybe there's more to it than 'Honda',,,,

My bike would 'half shift' at times with my old work boots. Problem has disappeared since I went to a MC-specific ~sport~ shoe.

This has been my experience as we'll...type of boots does make a difference...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TnHeath View Post
    This has been my experience as we'll...type of boots does make a difference...
    I'm no expert on MC footwear. Never owned any until the 6. Wife and I both have the TCX X-Cubed Air shoes and like 'em a lot!

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-cube-air-boots

Granted, not as good as my old Timberlands for all day walking, (mostly due to thinner sole) but very well ventilated and comfy.

A bit over 1500 miles so far on my F6 and I've never experienced ghost shifting which as I understand it is the transmission downshifting on its own with no input from the rider. If this ever happens to me I will be calling the dealer immediately to get it fixed under warranty since it can be a safety issue.

It sound like some folks are confusing ghost shifting with missing a shift from say 1st to 2nd and ending up in neutral. That seems like it would simply be rider error from not shifting with enough force and has happened a couple of times on the F6 as I get use to the way it shifts compared to my Harleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I'm no expert on MC footwear. Never owned any until the 6. Wife and I both have the TCX X-Cubed Air shoes and like 'em a lot!

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-cube-air-boots

Granted, not as good as my old Timberlands for all day walking, (mostly due to thinner sole) but very well ventilated and comfy.
    Nice boot, to bad they only come in sizes up to 15 (48 European). Not big enough for my man size 16 feet and they are out of the size 15 any way.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/