My oil leak......................

Thread: My oil leak......................

My oil leak......................

I was finally able to bring my 6 to the dealer to check the oil/something leaking on the left side and blowing on my side covers while riding.After them having it for a few days they called to say they found nothing They wiped the area clean and rode it for 20 miles and found nothing leaking They did say Honda sprays the motor with a anti-corrosive spray and maybe thats what I am seeing.So I went to pick up my 6 and started talking with a few mechanics about all my mods and how much they loved the things I did to my 6 so I mentioned a few mods they did not notice or can not see and WHAM BAM we figured it out.I must have over sprayed my K & N air filter with the spray oil I did the filter in the middle of Winter and while riding this year it would leak and some times not leak and I completely forgot I did it and never thought that it might be that.The mechanics said at the bottom of the air box there is a vent hole or something and it must be coming out of there.I do have to give my dealer a BIG up for taking care of my bike and not parking it outside every day and getting shit on it.It was very clean when I dropped it off and it was very clean when I picked it up
    Ride it like you stole it

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

We knew there had to be some logical explanation for this strange thing you call an..... "oil leak".
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad to hear it. Seems that most of the F6B issues mentioned on the forum are easily corrected and often not what they appear to be.

If I remembered I did the K & N filter I probably would have figured reddish oil = the K&N filter oil.Well its a good heads up and do not use so much spray oil on the filter like I did
    Ride it like you stole it