2013/2014 differences?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 differences?

2013/2014 differences?

New to forum. Seriously considering purchasing a new or leftover new F6B. From what I can tell it looks like the rear wheel on the 14 is 17" compared to 16" on the 13 model. Also I read that the seat on 14 has been redesigned. Are there any other changes? Can get a great deal on a 2013, is it worth paying thousands more for the 14? Also have been reading about alot of unhappy current owners having paint issues.Any input would be appreciated, Thanks

I am not aware of any changes except color...No mention anywhere I have seen/read of wheel size differences or seat changes...Some have had minor paint issues, others have not...Paint issues seem to depend on what, or how, one uses polishes and waxes...Most seem to wait a while after purchasing bike then using 4/5 coats of Liquid Glass.....Great bike and I would not let paint issues prevent me from making a purchase...I had mine custom painted as I did not like the colors offered at the time, not because of any paint problems....Good Luck and I would get the 2013 as many dealers are offering great deals right now!!

wheel size

Honda website shows wheel size differences check specs for both years

I'm going to get a '14 for two reasons:
    1) The transmission was improved
    2) I'm pretty sure the yellow bikes actually have clear coat

I'm waiting until next year in the hopes that the '14s will be selling for the same amount the '13s are going for now. Plus, the soonest I'll have the money is late fall anyways.

Transmission 13 is terrible!
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Quote Originally Posted by pvmarcon View Post
    Honda website shows wheel size differences check specs for both years

That's weird. I just looked and I see rear wheels for 2013 and 2014 listed as 16".

Pvmarcon - I've read that there were changes to the transmission, at least in part to address the occasional 'ghost shifting' issue that I've heard about with respect to Goldwings.
    Keep in touch - I'm on LI, too (Massapequa). And another forum member, GONRDN (Mark) is from Holtsville.

CheesyRider - I think you might be on the right track - I have the '14 yellow deluxe, and haven't noticed any issues at all with either the transmission or the paint. I hope you can catch a break on one in the Fall!

The rear tire on a 2014 is 180/60R 16M/C 74H
    The wheel is 16" diameter

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Heck I thought they just changed the last digit in the year. And added the beautiful yellow color.

ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !