Sales of the F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sales of the F6B

They are selling much better now that the 2013s are being blown out by many dealers. I bought the one and only fast red f6B that my local dealer had and they even slightly beat the price of HOR. I have only seen one other F6 on the road in my area of over 4 million people. I must have passed over 50 black Harleys just this past weekend. I actually like having a bike that isn't seen very often. Plus, Honda sells plenty of regular Goldwings so I don't feel bad for them. After Harleys, Goldwings are the most popular bike I see on the road.

I hope they continue it. I know the deal I got on my new, Faster than black , red F6B is probaby where these should be selling in the first place.

I do kinda think that if they added the cruise control back, they might sell more of them. It obviously wasn't a deterring factor for me, but that is one of the biggest complaints I hear about it over on the VRCC and from traditional Gold Wing buyers.

The places I looked reported they had been selling quite a few of them here lately though. The fact remains that there are still 13 models available. Good for me or I would've had to buy a slower black one.

Yeah Chatanooga is the place to buy, 0% financing and 15,200.00 for the Black F6B.

I was going to buy a leftover '13, but after discovering that all 'Wing transmissions for 2014 had been updated with new 4th and 5th gear parts, I'll wait until this winter when the '14's will be discounted like the '13's are now.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    They are selling much better now that the 2013s are being blown out by many dealers. I bought the one and only fast red f6B that my local dealer had and they even slightly beat the price of HOR. I have only seen one other F6 on the road in my area of over 4 million people. I must have passed over 50 black Harleys just this past weekend. I actually like having a bike that isn't seen very often. Plus, Honda sells plenty of regular Goldwings so I don't feel bad for them. After Harleys, Goldwings are the most popular bike I see on the road.
    That seems to be the case in this neck of the woods too.
    We may soon be after one of the leftover red '13s once I sell the 2 remaining Valks & the Shadow.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I was going to buy a leftover '13, but after discovering that all 'Wing transmissions for 2014 had been updated with new 4th and 5th gear parts, I'll wait until this winter when the '14's will be discounted like the '13's are now.
    Ok, I've read here today where someone posted about this. What's the deal here> Is this an issue supposedly with all Wing transmissions? Since when ? 2001?? or is this suppose to be just with 2013 models? I don't have any issues with mine, of course it's brand new. I've not heard of this before now.

I think they will discontinue it is not selling and I have seen many for resale even considering selling mine. I do not like the "gearing" shifting pattern 1st and 2nd are way to close and down shifting is not much better plus the neutral shift, throw in the lack of cruise, I will mostly likely take my beating next year on trade.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Honda made an aim to sell 100 F6B's in Germany. I personally never have seen any other F6B than my own yet. My dealer didn't even had a F6B or Standard Gold Wing for test riding. I bought it blind, just knowing pictures from the internet and what people say in boards. I think it's hard to sell if you see the prices in germany: It has a listed price, starting at 24.945€ -> that's about 33.473$ (including Tax) for the standard version
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Ok, I've read here today where someone posted about this. What's the deal here> Is this an issue supposedly with all Wing transmissions? Since when ? 2001?? or is this suppose to be just with 2013 models? I don't have any issues with mine, of course it's brand new. I've not heard of this before now.
    From what I understand, the transmission in the 2013 F6B is same one the Goldwing 1800 has had all along. It seems it is pretty rare for folks with the 2013 and older bikes to have problems. But, Honda must have been losing enough money on warranty repairs to make the expense of changing the transmission worthwhile.

Try googling "BMW final drive failure", then google "Goldwing transmission problems". That should make those who have the 2013s feel a little better. I think even considering the small potential for transmission problems, the 2013s are still great bikes. That said, I'm still going to hold out for a '14.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Read about ghost shifting here:

http://justwings.com/Cause.html

Apparently for model year 2014 the 4th and 5th gear shifting dogs of all 1800 transmissions were updated.