BMW 6 cylinder bagger? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW 6 cylinder bagger?

Nice! That is the best looking LT I've ever seen.

Back in 2000 I was in the market. Looked at the K12LT v. the GL1500 Aspencade... And one of the deciding factors was the seat height.

I'm 5'9" on a good day, so the Gold Wing was manageable. The K12 was taller, so no matter how much I thought I would enjoy the ride, I couldn't get past the idea of how difficult (unstable?) it might be for me to handle (especially if it was loaded) at low speed and around town, which is where I spend 85% of my ride time. Just looking at the K12 you can see that her CG is not particularly low.

I opted for the Aspencade, but only kept it for three years for exactly the same reason. I never felt quite at ease riding it in the city. I know I could have lowered it... changed seats, etc... but I wasn't really sold on those options.

Now the F6B is a still a Gold Wing, but it's a totally different animal. I have no qualms about the ride at all... and have 5500 miles in my 3 months with it. I think I'll be keeping it.

Having said all that, I think BMW has room for improvement with their big tourer... and maybe producing a bagger helps 'em get some of it right. Especially if they can lower the height and lower the CG... and losing the tour pac will help with the latter. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

BMW Bagger? Good news!

If true and in production then this means that BMW believes there is a worthy market for this style of motorcycle.

That all means that if BMW releases such a bike, the interested consumer will definitely price compare to the F6B while shopping around. Honda may pull prospective BMW customers away in this niche market through lower cost of purchase and lower cost of ownership.

Additionally BMW's entry could ignite Honda to produce an F6B with the competitive gadgets y'all have been asking for.

Lastly dear administrator, you could be looking at more F6B members and we'll make more friends!

Dear BMW: Bring it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    Nice! That is the best looking LT I've ever seen.
    Agreed, usually BMWs don't do it for me looks-wise but that thing has style.

Cool Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    Agreed, usually BMWs don't do it for me looks-wise but that thing has style.
    I did some customization. That was CC Bailey windshield, extra carbon fiber graphics and carbon fiber hydrographics in bottom spoiler and some other parts. Frame and front forks were polished and wheels were powdercoated in shiny chrome like finish.

Bike turned a lot of heads. In fact, when I sold it I was approached by a gentleman who loved the looks of it and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse! That was probably the easiest bike sale I ever made! At over 80,000 miles bike still looked and rode like new to me.

Also, for me at 6' tall and 32" inseam LT fit me perfectly. In fact, this was the only bike I owned that I didn't have to change a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Also, for me at 6' tall and 32" inseam LT fit me perfectly. In fact, this was the only bike I owned that I didn't have to change a seat.
    Well you know what they say about BMWs: "Bikes made by tall Germans for other tall Germans..."