Windshield Height
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windshield Height

TennX

Windshield Height

Was on the phone to the dealer and they have some taller shields with vents for the F6B, but the salesman didn't know the height...does anybody have one or know the height ...I was thinking since they have to put the bike together , might as well save myself some trouble and git er done before I pick up the bike....heck may take a cee bailey to em for install if the Honda is too tall...Im looking for 19"....many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    Was on the phone to the dealer and they have some taller shields with vents for the F6B, but the salesman didn't know the height...does anybody have one or know the height ...I was thinking since they have to put the bike together , might as well save myself some trouble and git er done before I pick up the bike....heck may take a cee bailey to em for install if the Honda is too tall...Im looking for 19"....many thanks
    Texas TC has one. And I believe it is 19".

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Texas TC has one. And I believe it is 19".

I think he has posted several times about his shield. He has a factory shield that was installed by his dealer when he picked it up. TC has nothing but good things to say about his shield.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Basic F6B

My Basic F6B had the short shield which I knew would be too low for my liking. Before taking delivery I had the dealer install the optional OEM Tall Shield with vent. The taller shield is 16.5" from the rubber molding edge to the top of the shield. I'm 6'2" and the shield works great

TennX
    Many thanks for the replies.....I will give the OEM a shot....

Baggershield has a 19" measured from the rubber trim to the top.You can get it vented or no vent.I have one and it fits great and for my 6"4" long torso I look just over the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Baggershield has a 19" measured from the rubber trim to the top.You can get it vented or no vent.I have one and it fits great and for my 6"4" long torso I look just over the top.
    They also have other sizes to suit your height and/or preferences.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Is there a noticeable difference with the vent open or closed?

windshield

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    My Basic F6B had the short shield which I knew would be too low for my liking. Before taking delivery I had the dealer install the optional OEM Tall Shield with vent. The taller shield is 16.5" from the rubber molding edge to the top of the shield. I'm 6'2" and the shield works great
    Honda tall works even better with Baker hand wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Is there a noticeable difference with the vent open or closed?
    Yes. You get a nice flow of air on your chest with the vent wide open. I put my shield with a vent back on now that it's getting hot. I love the vent!