Our riding club president is planning a club ride for next year. He does a lot of out of state vacationing by bike, I have a lot of faith in him and am considering this ride. I am posting the 1st post concerning the club ride, to get some reaction/input from forum members, who's input I respect, concerning this trip, here goes:

I am starting to think about a 2015 trip already! I can't help it, once I get the idea, I just gotta start scoping it out! Right now it's just a plan! I'll hash out the details by late Fall early winter, but I'll give ya all some food for thought! This trip will be open to anyone that wants to and can go!

Anyone with any insights on Yellstone / Grand Tetons is welcome. It has been 34 years since I was there last, but the memories of Beartooth Pass are etched in my mind!

It will be 10 days. The week of the 4th of July plus the preceding Friday. June 26 - July 5th. The 4th is on Saturday next year, I assume most companies will be closed Friday.

Day one will be a straight shot out to the Black Hills, maybe Keystone. 600 miles.

Two days riding the Black Hills.

Day four, ride west, visiting Devils Tower and run through the Big Horn Mountains to Red Lodge, MT. About 475 miles.

Day five, Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Memorial Highway.

Day six, ride Yellowstone Park and move home base to West Yellowstone.

Two days riding Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. (Toward the end of the second day we'll head east and out to the interstate to set up an easier ride home)

Two days to ride home (about 850 miles)