Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
I have signed on to our Yellowstone club ride. Although it will probably be tweeked a bit before the ride, as it stands now, this is the proposed ride: The trip is remains largely the same though I've tweaked it a bit. I'm posting this so you can see what you're getting into!

Ride out to Black Hills. If we meet at Memorial Park in Shakopee, it is 575 miles to Keystone. A little less if we stay in south Rapid City. Two days riding the Black Hills. Then a travel day to Cody Wyoming (not Red Lodge), about 475 miles. Over half of this is Interstate Hwy cruising, the other scenic mountain highways.

Ride Chief Joseph Hwy and Beartooth Pass. Next day we enter Yellowstone via the east gate, explore and end up in West Yellowstone. Next day we explore the park more and see the Grand Tetons, back to West Yellowstone. Following day, explore the park some more, exit via Beartooth pass and head east on 94 at the end of the day to cut a few miles off the return trip.

We've shaved off enough miles of the return trip to get each day under 400 miles (akmost!) and allow us to visit Theodore Roosevelt National Park (North Dakota) which is known as the REAL Badlands and are supposed to be more impressive than the Black Hills Badlands. And finally home via I94.

As the ride plan currently stands, these are the tentative miles per day for the trip.
Day 1 - 575 (travel day to Black Hills)
Day 2 - 115 (easy day Central Black Hills)
Day 3 - 185 (Northern Black Hills)
Day 4 - 475 (travel day, Big Horn Mts, Cody, WY)
Day 5 - 225 (Chief Joseph Hwy and Beartooth Pass)
Day 6 - 180 (Explore Yellowstone Park, travel day to West Yellowstone)
Day 7 - 190 (Explore Yellowstone and Grand Tetons)
Day 8 - 315 (Explore Yellowstone, Beartooth Pass, travel day to Forsyth, MT)
Day 9 - 350 (travel day, explore Roosevelt National Park Badlands, ending in Steel, ND)
Day 10 - 410 (travel day - Home)
All subject to change of course!

Their should be about 10 of us, give or take , I understand June is a good month, a lot of the babies are born and are out and about, I always wanted to hold a baby bear. lol If I don't do this ride I will probably never do it and regret it for the rest of my life.
I'm originally from Wyoming and lucky enough to do this route many times. Each time I find spectacular.
God's Country. Take time to stop for coffee or a beer in the small bergs. Meeting locals is priceless.
Wear a helmet please, although not required.
Jim