Regrets? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Regrets?

Get the Indian. The Cheiftain is a great bike. Plus, you're from MN.

Angaston, Barossa Valley, South Australia.
    Subjectivity is such a subjective thing!!!!!!!!!!!! The F6B I have is just what I wanted. There are always positives and negatives in any group discussion about material things.
    The F6B was a very good value for money bike in Australia. I bought mine after 3 years on a Kawasaki Mean Streak. I loved that bike to death but wanted some slightly more modern technology. I looked at a number of bikes including a couple of models of the ubiquitous American assembled one. I ultimately made my choice on the comfort for me, the power for me, the ability of the bike to handle long miles without crippling my back, and the way it made me feel.
    11 months later, I still find it a bloody comfortable bike to ride, I can go long distances (500 plus KMS) a day, the power is far more than sensibly needed, but great when you don't want to be sensible, and I still feel great riding it.
    I would not change it for any bike at present. I too looked at Victory's, Kawasaki Vacquero, and other bits an pieces. Love it to death. I have heard others say about poor paint work. Not my experience but, if there is an issue I would expect Honda to address that. Mine is black and there is not issue from my point of view.
    My summary. Buy one. You wont really regret it unless you actually want something else and then you will talk yourself into not liking it. Get one and enjoy it.
    Remember. STAY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After getting the F6...

- I couldn't stop riding it
    - 4,000 miles in the first month of ownership
    - my car sat so long that its' battery died

Regrets...

- not getting one sooner

Ride safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    My "dream bike" remains the new Indian Chieftain -- not so much for riding reasons as for style and image and yes, the "American" factor although that goes deeper for me being a Minnesota boy and Polaris being a Minnesota company in origin.

What say ye?
    Buy your dream bike. you only live once.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Buy your dream bike. you only live once.
    +1. Don't settle when it comes to chicks or motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    +1. Don't settle when it comes to chicks or motorcycles.

I agree. Buy your dream bike. The Indian has Nostalgic good looks like many V-twins. The F6b is Modern good looks and modern performance and handling unlike any other bike.

If you favour the Nostalgic one of the boys look, you have to Indian.
    If you favour the independence of riding something unique into the future, its F6b.

From reading your OP it sounds like your into Nostalgia, you said its your dream bike. Therefore wait a year or two and get the Indian as they drop in price. Not selling very good up here. Stats say otherwise but all i see are Harley's and sport bikes around here and no Indians.

You are on the wrong forum if you are hoping to see which bike is better. Most of us are biased to the Honda. Go to an Indian Forum & they will tell you how great the Indian is.

But honestly, the Indian is all show and little go. Very disappointing engine. Even salespeople who sell both will tell you the same. My 12 year old VTX was much more fun to ride when it comes to responsiveness.
    The 6 is a whole different sport in riding.

I have fun on the f6b and I get the looks and compliments as well. To me, this is MY dream bike. Recently did a charity ride with 1500 bikes. Most riders walked past the sea of V-twins to look at my Very FAST & UNIQUE 6. Puts a smile on my face on the bike not just off the bike. Best all around bike built IMO.

Recently helped out at local Indian Dealer's Demo-days with a few friends that I met when I rode a Victory Vision...Parked my F6B towards the back of the lot so as not to take away anything from those attending to ride the new Indians...Sales person came to me after a while and asked me if I would mind moving my bike out back of the service area as it appeared more people were looking at the F6B and asking questions than those that came to see/ride the new Indians!!!!...I said sure will and did so...A couple of on-lookers actually wanted to take the F6B for a ride thinking it belonged to the Indian dealer....

Well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Well, I have 11,000 miles on my 2013 black deluxe. Many on this forum have much more.

The look of this bike was so strikingly different than 90% of the bikes around here, I jumped at it like a trout to a fly. I tend to ride it "forcefully" when I don't have my sweetheart snuggling up behind me.
    I have not noticed any ghost shifts. Sweetie loved the stock seat and really loves the new Ultimate. Exaust drone isn't bad with Torqmaster, but baffles or torque loops are said to fix any unpleasant tones.

But if I wanted to be like "everyone" else around here (in CT), I'd get the Vtwin of whatever make. You can change the color, raise the bars, make it louder, add or remove the bat-fairing and they still all look very much alike to me.

Watching people walk past other bikes to get a closer look at this one and wonder what exactly is it, is a feeling I just can't explain.

Is it perfect? No. Sometimes the riding position cramps my hips. That could be I'm just fat or that I ride many more miles without stopping on this bike. The paint issues have been well documented.

I want to ride a bike that looks different from the rest. Has proven dependablility, comfortable, and will provide the needed addrenalin rush upon request. This bike simply does it for me, but everyone is different I suppose. I like to be different...
    That is EXACTLY what I love about our bikes! SPOT ON!!!

Agreed !

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Well, I have 11,000 miles on my 2013 black deluxe. Many on this forum have much more.

The look of this bike was so strikingly different than 90% of the bikes around here, I jumped at it like a trout to a fly. I tend to ride it "forcefully" when I don't have my sweetheart snuggling up behind me.
    I have not noticed any ghost shifts. Sweetie loved the stock seat and really loves the new Ultimate. Exaust drone isn't bad with Torqmaster, but baffles or torque loops are said to fix any unpleasant tones.

But if I wanted to be like "everyone" else around here (in CT), I'd get the Vtwin of whatever make. You can change the color, raise the bars, make it louder, add or remove the bat-fairing and they still all look very much alike to me.

Watching people walk past other bikes to get a closer look at this one and wonder what exactly is it, is a feeling I just can't explain.

Is it perfect? No. Sometimes the riding position cramps my hips. That could be I'm just fat or that I ride many more miles without stopping on this bike. The paint issues have been well documented.

I want to ride a bike that looks different from the rest. Has proven dependablility, comfortable, and will provide the needed addrenalin rush upon request. This bike simply does it for me, but everyone is different I suppose. I like to be different...
    you hit the nail on the head!

Don't be wishy washy! Make a choice and go for it! Either buy the F6B or buy the Indian, that's up to you.

If you go on the indian riders website they'll tell you to buy it! There is little to no reason to keep coming here if you want a indian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo