Regrets? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Regrets?

Friendly difference of opinion

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Again, I hope you make the choice that is right for you in the future...but I disagree with you on the Indian being vibration free compared to the F6B, there is no comparison as I also have ridden many, many new Indian bikes since they were introduced at several demo-days rides as a volunteer helper to the local dealers....I have also owned (2) different Victory bikes both a Kingpin Tourer and a 2011 Vision Tour...Both great bikes but nowhere , in my judgment, near as smooth, as powerful, nor as good handling as the F6B...The F6B is in a whole different league compared to any V-twins available as far as I am concerned....I have owned and ridden my share of big V-twins and am now totally sold on the rheostat like power delivery of the Honda 6 motor...and at the ripe old age of 74, I don't feel the need to shake, rattle and roll anymore!!!
    We'll just have to agree to disagree then as my opinion is based on riding experience as well. But what I meant to say is that Indian v F6B is not the apples to oranges that say F6B v Harley would be.

Bigcabdaddy, I've never ridden the Indian, and I love the F6B, but the paint on the F6B is bad, and I wouldn't recommend buying the F6B because of that.

No regrets at all.
    Coming from over 100,000 Valkyrie miles the only logical choice for me was an F6B. Anything else would have been a downgrade.
    Wasn't ready for the full on Goldwing experience but I have always admired the awesome power & legendary longevity of the 1832 cc Honda flat 6. I was very happy to see the F6B come out as a stripped down GL1800, just what I wanted. I hear from lots of different stories about bikes having "souls" & some brands of bikes coming with a "lifestyle", I consider that complete nonsense.
    Ride what turns you on & be happy about what the bike has to offer you. You make your own "lifestyle", the bike does not.
    As far as windshields for the F6B, if you like wind in your face & just a little taken off your chest the stock w/s will be perfect for you. You can forget hearing the radio over 40 mph without a taller shield unless you are a midget.
    Despite that Indian motorcycles are a 100 year old brand the fact is they now offer a brand new line up that does not have anywhere near the track record of the Honda GL1800. I agree with opa about the engine vibes, totally different league.
    Get the F6B, you won't be sorry.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWeary View Post
    Bigcabdaddy, I've never ridden the Indian, and I love the F6B, but the paint on the F6B is bad, and I wouldn't recommend buying the F6B because of that.
    I don't seem to have any issues with the Paint on my 2013 red

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I have no issues with the paint on mine eather. Fast Red!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I would not let any paint issues make the decision as the F6B is in a class by itself to me, as I said earlier...The Indian is an extremely nice bike and well thought out as are a couple of the new "Mt.Rushmore" Harley's all with nice paint jobs.....but nice paint jobs do not make for a decent motorcycle that will out-perform, in almost all ways, any all current V-twin on the market.....I still believe you cannot compare "apples with oranges" and make a proper choice on what you ride.....It seems to me that your "dream-bike" is the Indian and I would get it if you can, but don't look back at the F6B as you may regret your decision down the road...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I would not let any paint issues make the decision as the F6B is in a class by itself to me, as I said earlier...The Indian is an extremely nice bike and well thought out as are a couple of the new "Mt.Rushmore" Harley's all with nice paint jobs.....but nice paint jobs do not make for a decent motorcycle that will out-perform, in almost all ways, any all current V-twin on the market.....I still believe you cannot compare "apples with oranges" and make a proper choice on what you ride.....It seems to me that your "dream-bike" is the Indian and I would get it if you can, but don't look back at the F6B as you may regret your decision down the road...Regards

Ditto.
    If "perfect paint" & a certain look or impression to others are important to you then maybe you better get that stylish American assembled bike.
    If smooth power, proven reliability, and miles of smiles are on your mind then Honda F6B it should be.

DSCF0026.jpg
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I love my 6.

I think you should get the Indian.

You cant go wrong with an F6B
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

I'll just say get the center stand. Invaluable.