Regrets? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Regrets?

If your heart is set on an Indian Chieftain then get an Indian Chieftain otherwise you very well may regret it down the road. I would absolutely recommend that you test ride both the Indian and the F6b before making a decision since they are completely different bikes, not only in looks, but in feel, power, handling and riding position. I love the way the Chieftain looks, but after a demo ride I'm very happy I own the F6. Saving a few extra shekels is nice, but the main thing is that you get the bike you want and the one that makes you happiest.

Motorcycle regrets come back to bite you!!!

I will say that my motorcycling career started in 1964 behind the bars of a Honda 50cc Dream. Since then I have had Honda's (a few), a Norton (850cc commando), Harley's (too many to count....no really), a Goldwing 08 GL1800, a Valkyrie, Three Harley's in 2013, and finally 4 thousand miles ago a 2013, F6B. I think my F6B could be my last bike too, but after 50, I've thought every bike would be the last and now I'm 63. I will say though, as much as I love my F6B, that does not mean you are not going to be dealt a trough of guilt and regret by NOT getting that Chieftan, if that is what your heart is set on. The best thing I read in all these posts was the one from the guy in N.C who said, buy his, he has everything already on it. That means you get the F6B with equity. Pay down as much as you can afford on the loan and finance it forever and a day and then pay max payments every month you can. IF, you find out after 18 months that you'd rather have the INDIAN, trade your F6B or sell it outright. These are fantastic Motorcycles, they are going to be in demand used, you'll get to ride it and get a lot of your money back. Also, (I live in TEXAS) I heard locally just yesterday that INDIAN is right now running a promotion for 0% financing and 5 year warranty, that's a sweet deal too. Polaris (Victory-anyway) has had very liberal cash back and financing on their machines, especially last years model. I suspect as the new wears off the Indians they will do the same. You can have your cake and eat it too. In the case of the deluxe over the Standard, I wanted a Standard and the Deluxe 2013 was all my Dealer had, I got it for 16,400.00. Chatanooga sells them even cheaper and sometimes has 0% financing. In Colo, you'll probably appreciate those heated grips but you can get them aftermarket, a centerstand on eBay, and as for my backrest and passenger pegs, they are in the parts box, I'm a solo rider too. When it comes to bells and whistles on F6B, the few they throw in for the extra dough is not a big deal, if they had not given me the price they did, I would not have done it. Keeping all that in mind.............this is one bad ass Motorcycle, right out of the box, stock, it will blow away most anything bagger anyone else has even after they have bored,stroked, polished, blueprinted until their pockets are turned inside out. I have no regrets, unless they come out with a 2000cc F6B.2014-08-07 11.44.51.jpg

I say wait until you can find a used Indian, if that's the bike you really want.
    I bet next year you will be able to find one lightly used for your price range. Or the market may tank on them like the F6B's. And you could find deep discounts on new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I say wait until you can find a used Indian, if that's the bike you really want.
    I bet next year you will be able to find one lightly used for your price range. Or the market may tank on them like the F6B's. And you could find deep discounts on new ones.

Choices

I traded in two motorcycles to get into the F6B.
    I originally wanted the standard non deluxe in black.
    I ended up with the red deluxe 2013 brand new.
    Honda is the motorcycle for me. Why?
    Cost is where it should be
    Honda is totally reliable.
    The flat six won't roast your balls on a hot day.
    The throttle is smooth, responsive and non clunky.
    This is my first Honda, and could not be more impressed with the whole
    Purchase experience.
    One the bikes I traded in was a Victory, and it was my experience that
    Polaris does support their motorcycles the way they should.
    That's my take on it. I am glad I don't a thunderstroke111 v twin
    Keeping me warm when stuck in traffic.
    My honda radiator cooling keep nice and cool
    Later

Regrets?

None whatsoever, my choice to buy the F6B came during a trip to Yellowstone last year about this time. I thought, there has got to be something that is not as hot as this Harley I'm riding, that has a chassis that doesn't flex when ridden aggressively, that is smoother, quieter, and faster. Two weeks later I bought my 6. I've ridden almost everything in my 52 years of riding. I'm 58. I haven't decided whether I like the looks of the Indians, but it doesn't matter, I'll never own one. As far as paint? No issues for me after a can of Liquid Glass. I love the ease of maintenance of the 6 also. Go with your gut, get what you want. Just remember, after there are enough Indians out there, you'll start hearing complaints about them too. It's human nature.

I just got in from a 300 mile day trip to visit my mother, I smiled the whole trip.........and nobody passed me.

You know you're doing the right thing when it makes sense to no one, much less yourself. But you do it anyways. I've been riding for 40 years, Harleys for 12. 10 minutes on the f6 and my Harley was doomed. Few weeks of finagling prices and bye bye Milwaukee's finest. No regrets, riding is fun again, relaxing, refreshing and joyous. That's the f6b working it's magic. I bought a standard and added all the upgrades except the self canceling turns signals, all were worth it. Bought black, but in a few years it will be passé, wished sometimes I'd gone red but it was too radical at the time. No other regrets, lovin' it. Do it!
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I'll just say get the center stand. Invaluable.
    2. on wish list

First I need that backrest........
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Indian!!! Why? In a few years, they will be even more rare than they are now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Buy mine....it is for sale and it already has all those extra accessories on it.

HUH??? Say it aint so??? What's the scoop?
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono