Weight Limit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Limit

Quote Originally Posted by olds34dude View Post
    I think even trikes say not to put 15 lbs. in the trunk! try common sense
    Sorry, but a little confused....if a rider is 6'5" and weighs over 400# ( I think we have 2-3 of these types) your saying they should not be able to ride? Or are you saying there are aftermarket items that would allow them to ride on our F6B's... there was a time when I was jealous of their size as I thought it was way cool...until I befriended a couple and found out that NOTHING fit them...then I was happy with my 5'10" 230#s......but alas size does matter!

P.S...Honda's numbers have a lot of room built into them as well....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Sorry, but a little confused....if a rider is 6'5" and weighs over 400# ( I think we have 2-3 of these types) your saying they should not be able to ride? Or are you saying there are aftermarket items that would allow them to ride on our F6B's... there was a time when I was jealous of their size as I thought it was way cool...until I befriended a couple and found out that NOTHING fit them...then I was happy with my 5'10" 230#s......but alas size does matter!

P.S...Honda's numbers have a lot of room built into them as well....

You are right there , Steve. I'm 6'4" and about 310 lbs and finding a MC that will fit is hard. Most manufacturers boast on how low the seat height is and how it's an easy reach to the bars. Us "sensibly proportioned " people aren't looking for that necessarily. Luckily the F6 fits like a glove for me and has the power to move me and my wife ( when she's not riding her Sporty) easily. As for the weight limits, you're right, there is a lot of leeway built into those numbers. If you go over them the bike isn't going to collapse, but the handling characteristics may change. Companies have to draw the lines for their safety margins somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    "sensibly proportioned"
    I like that, it should be on a 3x t-shirt and I would buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWeary View Post
    I like that, it should be on a 3x t-shirt and I would buy one.
    3X............
    make it in a 6X Hanes Beefy-T and I'll take two

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    All,

I'm considering doing some 2-up riding, but I came across a bit of info in the manual: the total weight limit of the bike, including rider, passenger and cargo is 410 lbs.

Are most of you guys and your riding partners falling in this range?? I'm about 6'4" and over 300 lbs. If this is correct, NO ONE that I know will be able to ride with me.
    If people paid attention to load specs, no one would ride two up. Most are exceeded with some regularity.