Weight Limit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Limit

Weight Limit

All,

I'm considering doing some 2-up riding, but I came across a bit of info in the manual: the total weight limit of the bike, including rider, passenger and cargo is 410 lbs.

Are most of you guys and your riding partners falling in this range?? I'm about 6'4" and over 300 lbs. If this is correct, NO ONE that I know will be able to ride with me.

Well I hate to admit to this but the wife and I have it overloaded and then add gear and a trailer.Havent had any problems.

The wife and I have overloaded mine too. I would guess 500Lbs rider and passenger and that was without adjusting the pre-load. Its better now with the shock on max adjustment. We could still run 80MPH and MPG was around 38MPG regular back roads cruising.

Yep, Me and my wife overload the bike with just us, then we add our stuff. Got the preload at max, every thing seems to be fine so far.

You should be fine, my wife and myself alone exceed the weight limit and we just got back from a 1700 mile round trip with the bike loaded up and pulling a trailer. I just turned the pre load all the way up and added a few lbs of air to the tires and the 6 handled it like a champ, pulled hills incredibly easy and cruised so easy down the interstate at 85 mph I could hardly believe it.

The 410 lb limit only applies to small Japanese people

May just be an issue during heavy braking, although the bike weighs over 800 lbs so I'm not sure.

For you larger types....Go over to Wind Stuff and pick out a set of Progressive front and rear shocks and all your problems will be solved...just the price you have paid you whole life for being in the top 1%.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Another consideration:

OEM rear tire is only rated at 74 (827 lbs)

Front is 63 (600 lbs)

Assuming ~ 50/50~ weight distribution on the bike alone,, eh,,, maybe 400+ on that rear already.

Rider/passenger/gear weight,,, say, maybe 500 combined,,,, 'mostly' biased towards the rear,,, Gets ya closer to perhaps beyond the 827# tire rating,,,

The E3 is rated at 80 (992 lbs) 165#'s higher than OEM, but,,,,, Simply changing tires alone does not increase you vehicles GVW rating. (Sorry DS'ers)

I'm not small and neither is the Mrs. Staying well within the rated load carrying capacity of our bikes is yet another reason we each ride our own.

I think even trikes say not to put 15 lbs. in the trunk! try common sense