Chattanooga dealer is legit, right? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chattanooga dealer is legit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am reading this thread and sitting here thinking ...we call .... they think we are fishing and full of shit wasting their time....we think they may not be up to par because they are not running over to kiss our ass. Fact: All Honda Dealerships are legit, period. A 13 F6B is a 13 F6B period ...except in CA, Can, and over seas..... ALL Honda shops MUST to PDI's before the bike can leave the shop...period.... When people here start asking " what you paid" it does not make a dam to anyone else in the country...only to the people who live in your State and your county....other wise the numbers will change. Honda dealers pay the same for every bike that Honda sells..Period..... They may sell theirs for less and get a kick back from Honda for numbers but there are all the same!!!!!!!!

My advise:Get your check book walk into your nearest Dealership with copies of what other dealers are selling theirs for and make your deal and ride off...period!
    Guys, I agree with Steve...If your ready to buy an F6B, then go purchase the damn thing!!...Not intending to offend anyone, but all this so-called internet shopping, flying here and there, etc. etc...is plain nonsense and a waste of time just trying to save a few bucks...Make your best deal at a local dealer, live with your purchase, don't worry about what someone paid, or did not pay, and who really cares anyway....The riding days in some areas are getting shorter, so make your deal and enjoy a great bike..Time to move on!!!

I have to Agree with Steve. The minute you pull out the door it really doesn't matter what you paid! The only thing that is going to cross your mind is how great this bike is and what took you so long to get off your A** and get it already! So drop what you're doing and shag a** to your local dealer before the last one disappears!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

All I can add to this conversation is that it usually pays to shop around. Do your homework! Find out what others have been paying and see if a local dealer will match it. I did that on a 2010 VW Jetta TDI and got it for $700 UNDER dealer cost. Via e-mail, I offered all area dealers $1000 under cost on a cash deal and all the dealers laughed at me except one who said he couldn't do $1000 but he would do $700. I would never have known that this was possible without reading VW forums and, in particular, about what people had been paying. Interestingly, people paid anywhere from $1000 under dealer cost to over sticker price, thousands of dollars difference . When I bought my F6B, the word was the best online price was coming from Chattanooga. I took that price to all area dealers and found one that would match it. I didn't ask them to beat it but only match it. Of course, they acted like it was killing them . Now, a year later, there are far better deals being offered. Guys, it isn't hard, you have the internet. Decide what you should be paying and send out e-mails to all your area dealers. You might be surprised at the results.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    All I can add to this conversation is that it usually pays to shop around. Do your homework! Find out what others have been paying and see if a local dealer will match it. I did that on a 2010 VW Jetta TDI and got it for $700 UNDER dealer cost. Via e-mail, I offered all area dealers $1000 under cost on a cash deal and all the dealers laughed at me except one who said he couldn't do $1000 but he would do $700. I would never have known that this was possible without reading VW forums and, in particular, about what people had been paying. Interestingly, people paid anywhere from $1000 under dealer cost to over sticker price, thousands of dollars difference . When I bought my F6B, the word was the best online price was coming from Chattanooga. I took that price to all area dealers and found one that would match it. I didn't ask them to beat it but only match it. Of course, they acted like it was killing them . Now, a year later, there are far better deals being offered. Guys, it isn't hard, you have the internet. Decide what you should be paying and send out e-mails to all your area dealers. You might be surprised at the results.
    Very true.I called SHP in choo choo and got a price for the F6B and a quote on my trade.Then called Mountain motorsprots in conyers Ga and they said we will match it.Traded a 200 mile ride for a 90 mile ride to pickup my new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzar View Post
    I bought my F6B from interstate honda in Ft Collins when I was in Colorado and they gave me a great deal and we're very friendly.
    Interstate's been great to talk to and seem like a nice little dealership. I don't mean to dis them at all. But they are (apparently) a couple thousand dollars higher on the F6B than some other dealers. It didn't seem like the first time the owner of Interstate had dealt with that situation. But how he chose to address it was by basically calling the other dealers liars and that I'd find once I got down to them I'd get no better deal from them than I would from him.

I got some good advice from a buddy that works at a yet another, but non Honda dealer who said insist on having a completed contract from the distant dealerships before booking a pickup flight. That seems to me to be a great way to deal with the situation. If they'll do that at the price they claim, I'm golden. If they won't, I'll know something is fishy and I'll have no problem heading back in to Interstate Honda here in Fort Fun. Unfortunately, Interstate won't price match the apparent price. So that being the case, I can't afford to buy local if there truly is that much difference. Still no hard feelings from me towards them. But I'm not sure how they'll feel about me afterwards. I might be going to the Honda dealer in the next town over for service.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Good stuff Ken. In my case, I wouldn't even need them to match for me to stay local. I'm willing to pay a LITTLE more because I believe in keeping local brick and mortars in business. But there are limits. For a purchase of this magnitude, I'd think 1-5% over would be reasonable, but not 10-15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    I think the advice I'm getting to hold out for what I ultimately want is sound, but then I didn't marry Bridget Bardot or Sophia Loren either if you follow me
    You should share that with your wife and let us know what she thinks about that. Photos of your black eyes would be nice to.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    You should share that with your wife and let us know what she thinks about that. Photos of your black eyes would be nice to.
    Doubt it. We're pretty real about most things. Probably why we're still together after 32 years with it being a first marriage for both of us. Then again, it's not something I make a point of bringing up.

(Another thing is we each ride our own bikes. I think that helps too!)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Doubt it. We're pretty real about most things. Probably why we're still together after 32 years with it being a first marriage for both of us. Then again, it's not something I make a point of bringing up.

(Another thing is we each ride our own bikes. I think that helps too!)
    Or there's that

Legit...maybe

So, Maybe they are really great folks, but I'll share my experience. When I was shopping for my bike, the Chattanooga dealer had a leftover black 2013 F6B listed in Cycle Trader for a great price. I phoned them to confirm that they still had it, and they reported that they did. I only live about 1 1/2 hours away, so I told them I'd be there within 2 hours to buy it. On the way, I got phone message..."well, it turns out that this bike has $2,000 in options we've installed, so the price is actually $2,000 higher than what's published on Cycle Trader...". Sounds like the classic bait and switch to me. Thanks, but no thanks. I turned around and went back home...then bought my bike elsewhere.