Strange motorcycle crash story

Thread: Strange motorcycle crash story

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
    Responsible gun owners are the first to grieve the loss of innocent life to senseless shootings, and the last to "pull" unless absolutely necessary. The mass shootings, and most shootings for that matter, are by irresponsible people. The responsible people who carry probably have the most respect for the life-taking power of their weapons.

Here's where I'm afraid I'll get flamed. Having said that, and as a responsible gun owner myself, I am not opposed to some kind of REASONABLE (we can argue all day on what "reasonable" is) restrictions on obtaining a weapon, in an effort to keep them out of the hands of the nutjobs. I'm not sure what that would be, but I wish gun enthusiasts could keep from freaking out at the phrase "gun regulation" so that we can at least have a discussion (heated if necessary) about how me might go about keeping guns in the hands of the responsible and out of the hands of the nuts. Just don't shut down the discussion as a knee jerk reaction to the words "gun regulation." The goal is to fully protect the rights for responsible people, but not let the nuts tarnish that beloved right.
    I agree.

Regulation is so controversial,,, Ya got the 'no guns' folks, and the 'no gun laws' group, and those in the middle.

Even making it more difficult, the folks we don't want getting guns usually don't abide by the laws designed to keep them from getting guns,,, so the effectiveness of the laws is 'a bit gray'. Hundreds of thousands of guns exist, so naturally, not every one will be 'exchanged' in a regulated manner,,,

Back to the OT,,,

Like Steve said, need more info as what we've been told is not nearly enough to know how it happened,,,

I know very little about handguns,,, Would it be possible for a revolver on a loaded chamber to receive enough force on the hammer to fire? I know there are mechanisms in place to prevent this, but would enough force render those systems ineffective?

shooter
    Some of your older single action revolvers that would be possible Scot. Anything of recent manufacture it would be impossible. The trigger has to be pulled to the rear before its possible for the hammer to go forward.

Thanks Shooter!

Trouble is, I bet we never will know what the heck really happened,,,

XDs 3.3

I carry my XDs 3.3 in a Gould B893 Holster. It is thick leather, well formed to the semi auto pistol and is lined, it is an inside the pants holster. It has a strong clip on it and over my 2" belt it stays snug in my pants where I intend it to stay. Of course I have not fallen or been knocked off this motorcycle yet to see if it stays, but the XDs has enough safety features to keep it from firing. I'm thinking this guy must have had a revolver, or as previously noted a cocked and locked semi. The world, especially here in the USA is crazy these days, I never go without a pistol....anywhere. I've had armed confrontations and it's over before it began and even worse if you are not heeled. Additionally, I carry another magazine in the cubby. If you find yourself in one of these road rage incidents, use you bike like a horse in a western movie and take cover behind it after rolling it over on it's side, try to retrieve your spare mag before letting it go to the high side. Shoot to kill, and don't get out of the fight until the threat is neutralized. If you run, he will probably take you down. My two cents.

How to carry a shotgun on a F6B

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

shooter
    Works for me!