Chattanooga dealer is legit, right?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chattanooga dealer is legit, right?

Chattanooga dealer is legit, right?

I'd been noticing a couple dealerships being mentioned in threads here and decided to follow up. Sure enough, the Chattanooga one, (Southern Honda) has the standard at around $2500 less than I was being offered it locally. PLUS, the guy is saying I can choose the $1000 in accessories from anything they normally carry and not just Hondaline parts which might be huge.

But now the biggie: They are legit right? What I've read here hasn't really commented on the quality of the dealer -- just the pricing. For $2500, I could fly into Chattanooga and have a real nice 1400 mile road trip back to Colorado to break in my new F6B.

For anyone in my shoes that might be listening in, they seem to have a TON of 2013 red standards but nothing else -- right now he's checking thinking he might still have one black standard but it sounds like it's a Henry Ford deal where you can have any color you want -- so long as it's red.

Some dealers take of advantage of "bulk buys" from the importer. In this case, Southern Honda may have bought all remaining red '13's from Honda America and gotten a helluva' discount, thus the great retail pricing.

They are legit. I tried them first and even though they had the lowest price, they wouldn't give me squat for my trade so I went to Sportcycles in Rockingham, NC and they gave me $2500.00 more for my trade than Southern would thus making the deal a no brainer.

Thanks folks. Trade wouldn't come into play as I'm going to sell my present bike outright. Didn't know about the bulk thing so that helps ease my mind. Anyone actually their's through them? I've now been on the phone with Honda of Russellville too because they have a all murdered out flat black one (custom but still new otherwise) that is really the color I was wild about anyway. But on the phone, they seem a little more flakey so I'd appreciate any insight into them as well if anyone has got any. The price for the flat black brings it up to around $500 of local, but I figure $2,000 for custom paint isn't all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Thanks folks. Trade wouldn't come into play as I'm going to sell my present bike outright. Didn't know about the bulk thing so that helps ease my mind. Anyone actually their's through them? I've now been on the phone with Honda of Russellville too because they have a all murdered out flat black one (custom but still new otherwise) that is really the color I was wild about anyway. But on the phone, they seem a little more flakey so I'd appreciate any insight into them as well if anyone has got any. The price for the flat black brings it up to around $500 of local, but I figure $2,000 for custom paint isn't all that bad.
    Lots of HOR bikes floating around. They may sound flakey, but they are for sure legit.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    What about that INDIAN!!????!!?????!

(Still love my HOR 6! )

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    What about that INDIAN!!????!!?????!

(Still love my HOR 6! )
    The Indian is still up there in the mid 20s Scotrod and I can't find any dealers playing games like they're willing to do with the F6B. So I'm still where at the same place as I was as far as that's concerned. A ~$25k motorcycle just isn't in the cards for me right now unless you're feeling generous. Might just as well be talking $35k for an HD Ultra. (Which I do NOT want.) But the F6B is now down to a baseline of ~$15k. I think the advice I'm getting to hold out for what I ultimately want is sound, but then I didn't marry Bridget Bardot or Sophia Loren either if you follow me.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

If the 6 was 25, and the Indian was 15, I'd still take the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

If the 6 was 25, and the Indian was 15, I'd still take the 6.
    That would be awesome Scot! Find me that deal. You take the 6 for 25 and I'll take the "leftovers" for 15.

I just purchased my 2014 deluxe from Southern Honda a couple weeks ago. They are legit. Ask for Bill Spearman..one of the best salesman there. and Wendy the finance person. They are a great team and will take good care of you.