Strange motorcycle crash story - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strange motorcycle crash story

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm not believing this story. Guys even if it was a 1911 cocked and locked someone had to depress the grip safety, flip the safety off and pull the trigger. Like I said an old single action revolver , SAA or old black hawk that hadn't been updated. Maybe even a cheap POS revolver that the safety features failed. And how was he carrying it that it shot him in the chest. In the 32 years that I've carried on a daily basis I have had two head on collisions in my truck , neither my fault , wrecked four wheelers many times , fallen while walking in the woods at night coon hunting , been thrown by horses , and many other physical activities. I've never had an AD carrying numerous types of firearms. I'm just skeptical.
    Completely understandable. Unclear if any 'repeated tumbling/interaction between rider/bike etc' could have lined up all the sequences/applications of pressure in correct area's to AD. Again, we'll probably never know,,,

My dad carries a old Korean war surplus 45 wrapped in a towel in the car door when traveling. I was driving them around Houston in their car. Opened the door and the damn thing fell out onto the street,,, "Nice, Dad,,, real nice,,," LOL!

I wasn't worried about AD as I know the weapon and my Dad,,, just not real happy about his 'method of carry'. (With my luck, a cop would see it and then we'd have some 'splainin to do! LOL!)

FWIW, if you ever see my dad's 45, you won't live to tell about it. Other than that, unless you are family/close friend, you'll never see or hear about it. Just the way it is.

shooter
    That us so true Scot. Some people walk around oblivious to their surroundings.Even though I always carry I avoid trouble spots like the plague.I have actually pulled up to a destination and said I'm not going in there. Most responsible people that carry don't want to have to use it. You can avoid most problems by being aware if your surroundings. Jeff Cooper talked about 4 conditions of awareness. Green , this is the one where you are oblivious. Yellow , you have a handle on your surroundings and are watchful. Orange , heightened awareness , you have noticed potential trouble and are formulating a plan of action if the problem escalates. Red , the shyt has hit the fan and your are implementing the aforementioned plan. Never be in Green guys. That one is for your wife and kids. Its your job to be ever watchful for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    So how many 'dipshit drivers' have you shot/killed, or do you just wave it around for effect?
    maybe i should clarify, I have seen open carry riders here in NC, I notice the big open carry holster, usually it's pretty prominent on the hip. "waving it around" is never an option. I was having a discussion, and sorry for misstating my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Not trying to hijack but I have to ask. I'm from Canada and with all due respect to our American friends, I do not own a weapon and never ever thought of it. Yes, I grew up with a dad from the military with a gun and I have shot and killed more animals with it than most hunters ever will. Yes we have crime but odds are so low I've never considered defending myself by shooting someone. It would end me up in the slammer and I don't want to be raped. Not a good alternative. Lol .

Are things that bad down there that you have such a need?
    (Ya, I 've heard the constitution stance but I still don't get the obsession)

Not afraid of being flamed here because I know you won't try and shoot me ! It will end you up in jail where you will get raped instead of me. Lol!

Besides , Too many other things to worry about when riding. Wouldn't want to worry about a gun going off as well.

Ummmm....Lets see here...The folks up north believe or profess that our country is a lawless place. I have never been inclined to look up crime stats for your country...can only guess they are not much better as people are people world wide. The people in the US are in love with their guns because it is a "right" here. Many will tell you it is to protect you from the government. The problem I have with C.C. permits is the same I have with weekend classes that give you a MC license! Passing neither class makes you proficient doing either one.... I see it all the time..." I got my license, lets go to NC and ride in the mountains, I hear it is beautiful... They come back in a bag or hurt a lot of the times...Same w/ C.C. you pass a 12 hour course, go out a buy a pocket cannon and you are on the prowl !!! Both of these types scare me, either one can and will get you killed!!!. I feel the same about both as well as training...there needs to be more! The MC guy is easy, you just pass him and hope Jesus is watching...the C.C. guy a little different.... I have never been in a situation where one of these guys used their weapon but have read of a few...Zimmerman and the old fool at the movie theater come to mind. Z was/is just an idiot, IMHO...doing something he should/should not have been doing got in over his head and someone is dead. I do believe he was justified in killing the kid,,,,,, but..... if you could ask Z if he had it to do over would he have turned the other way and got coffee? The retired PO at the movie is another story... verdict is still out on that one....
    For me, prior to my 4X bypass considered myself a weapon. Not to brag, but there has been a lot of $$$ spent teaching me to hurt people and if necessary kill them. Having said that the optimum word here is trained! No 8 hour class, but years of experience doing it!!! Now after the 4X bypass, my fighting days may be over, may be time to buy a gun, shoot first and ask questions later???? For me, the average guy caring a gun scares me. I don't know of their training or ability, when it gets real bad are they going to help the situation or make it worse? All food for thought, is it your right? Absolutely!! Should you be caring one...hope you never find out.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Completely understandable. Unclear if any 'repeated tumbling/interaction between rider/bike etc' could have lined up all the sequences/applications of pressure in correct area's to AD. Again, we'll probably never know,,,

My dad carries a old Korean war surplus 45 wrapped in a towel in the car door when traveling. I was driving them around Houston in their car. Opened the door and the damn thing fell out onto the street,,, "Nice, Dad,,, real nice,,," LOL!

I wasn't worried about AD as I know the weapon and my Dad,,, just not real happy about his 'method of carry'. (With my luck, a cop would see it and then we'd have some 'splainin to do! LOL!)

FWIW, if you ever see my dad's 45, you won't live to tell about it. Other than that, unless you are family/close friend, you'll never see or hear about it. Just the way it is.
    That's the way it should be Scot. Growing up my kids knew to never talk about the gun on daddy's ankle. They watched me put it on hundreds of times and it was always our secret. My son and daughter are both excellent shots. My daughter foiled a home invasion last year with her 9mm. She was protecting my two grandkids. My son competes. In steel plates and IDPA and carries daily. I am proud that my kids have grown into responsible adults.

How to carry a shotgun on a F6B

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

shooter
    Works for me!

Your Dad's 45

Even in the case of your Pop's 45 wrapped in the towel, albeit not a great way to carry, it is NOW legal in TEXAS, even in Houston to carry this way. As I mentioned before, the Law has changed, the old "you have to be travelling through at least two counties and carrying a large sum of money"...is gone. You can, as a citizen carry a handgun in your vehicle, or stowed in your motorcycle. You cannot hop off the bike and legally walk into the Valero with it. Point is, as stated in other posts, most folks who carry do not and would not make a show of it. In Texas if you are a CC, you have to inform an Officer who stops you for a traffic violation (or whatever) that you are CC and produce your card, also if carrying as a citizen in the vehicle especially if you keep your pistol where you keep your insurance or anything you are about to reach for, you need to let the Officer know. You will not be arrested for simply carrying a weapon, unless you are a convicted Felon or the weapon turns out to be stolen. ~Finally, there is no dragging the body inside the house here~, I've heard that my whole career, and seen more bodies thrown out of places instead of into. Castle Doctrine protects you to defend yourself and others (3rd persons) if you are in fear of imminent bodily harm, you have no duty to retreat. So if someone is stealing the wheels off your car in the driveway at 2am and you catch them; the crook raises the tire iron as if to assault, you are well within bounds to cap his sorry azz.

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    In Texas if you are a CC, you have to inform an Officer who stops you for a traffic violation (or whatever) that you are CC and produce your card, also if carrying as a citizen in the vehicle especially if you keep your pistol where you keep your insurance or anything you are about to reach for, you need to let the Officer know.

If we could just get the bad guys to do this all would be pixi dust and unicorn farts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    ~Finally, there is no dragging the body inside the house here~, I've heard that my whole career, and seen more bodies thrown out of places instead of into. Castle Doctrine protects you to defend yourself and others (3rd persons) if you are in fear of imminent bodily harm, you have no duty to retreat. So if someone is stealing the wheels off your car in the driveway at 2am and you catch them; the crook raises the tire iron as if to assault, you are well within bounds to cap his sorry azz.
    +1^^^
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Man, the testosterone has started to gush on this thread, boys!
    Let's all go on a ride together with Glocks in a shoulder holster with a round chambered!
    "Might as well leave it at home unless it's ready to fire" -- holy cow!

Happy Friday folks, ride safe out there, and stop waving the guns around. I'm going to Condition Green down here in Austin!