It was fun at first but....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It was fun at first but....

It was fun at first but....

I have had several bikes in my day and never had one that would stop people in their tracks. When I picked up the F6B the dealer warned me that I could generate a lot of interest and comments from total strangers. I chuckled as I put the visor down on my helmet and rode off.

3 Months later.....

I love my bike and love to ride it. I can see this bike and I together for a very long time. I have had the following:

People wanting to talk while I am at a stoplight.
    People stopping me as I pull off in a parking lot.
    Tons of gas station conversations.
    Lot's of discussions on runs and rides.
    Can I sit on it?......No!

I kinda wish I would have bought a Harley and no one would give a sh^t.

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    I have had several bikes in my day and never had one that would stop people in their tracks. When I picked up the F6B the dealer warned me that I could generate a lot of interest and comments from total strangers. I chuckled as I put the visor down on my helmet and rode off.

3 Months later.....

I love my bike and love to ride it. I can see this bike and I together for a very long time. I have had the following:

People wanting to talk while I am at a stoplight.
    People stopping me as I pull off in a parking lot.
    Tons of gas station conversations.
    Lot's of discussions on runs and rides.
    Can I sit on it?......No!

I kinda wish I would have bought a Harley and no one would give a sh^t.

You mean you haven't had the "is that a Harley" comment yet?

You can have an awful lot of fun answering that question!!!!

Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    You mean you haven't had the "is that a Harley" comment yet?

You can have an awful lot of fun answering that question!!!!

Beagle
    I have had the "well it's not a harley" or "looks like a harley wanna be" comment.

I chalk it up to the fact that their cool head bandanna is too tight.

No one ever talks to me. I'm starting to take this shit personally!

Bike

Im in the same boat. Not one person has asked me about my F6B. I guess no one really cares. I feel left out.

HILARIOUS .... "Can I sit on it .... NO!!!!!" as a matter of fact ... HEEELLLL NOO!!! LOL ... that's funny ... i've gotten the stop light conversations and the gas station ones as well. I will up you one ... while in Myrtle Beach for Bike week .. i was posted up and guy actually comes over and physically moves my leg out of the way so he can see the f6b symbol in the cockpit. (I've removed all of the honda logos, etc ...) I'm like dude ... do I know you??? You can't just walk up to a man and grab his leg ...lmao ..WTF!!!

I felt like I worked for Honda after the 3rd group of folks walked by ...

Yes, I have had many,many people stop about the F6....I was already use to this due to owning a Rune.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I pulled into a gas station the other day that was swarming with Harley riders and their Davidsons.......one guy walked over with a big smile on his face and asked if that was the new Wing. I smiled and said "Yep". He said it looks like "....a......what was that other bike called.....oh yeah, a Rune!!

He needs to get out more........

You need a engraved aluminum placard that says "You must be totally nude to touch this bike."

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Let me get a closer look

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    HILARIOUS .... "Can I sit on it .... NO!!!!!" as a matter of fact ... HEEELLLL NOO!!! LOL ... that's funny ... i've gotten the stop light conversations and the gas station ones as well. I will up you one ... while in Myrtle Beach for Bike week .. i was posted up and guy actually comes over and physically moves my leg out of the way so he can see the f6b symbol in the cockpit. (I've removed all of the honda logos, etc ...) I'm like dude ... do I know you??? You can't just walk up to a man and grab his leg ...lmao ..WTF!!!

I felt like I worked for Honda after the 3rd group of folks walked by ...
    Good thing you did not have an F6B badge on your bike's seat. No telling what the dude would have grabbed.
    LOL