It was fun at first but.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It was fun at first but....

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote1998 View Post
    How does the front circle Honda badge come off? Is it glued on as well?
    If you have the hair get a BMW logo and stick it where the Honda deal goes. Ends the speculation. Starts a rumor. Stops the pass waving requirement.

I went to the local Harley dealership that I frequent in the past with the F6B. Several guys came over and one in particular said, "Wow, that is one beautiful bike, what is it". I told him "it was a 2014 Harley, don't you recognize your own brand?"
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    Yes brother. I saw The F6B and was saved, as in saved from Harley cultism. I had an Electra Glide Classic. I liked it much. I commenced buying it all kind of pretty things to put on it. By now I was deep in the Harley Kool-aid. I started riding with other cult members and our ending destinations was always the local Harley Dealer shrine. We'd always ride to the shrine and pay homage, and buy stuff. The last ride was about our ride to the shrine. The next trip was to go to another shrine and buy another $60 tee-shirt that proved we had been there to worship. Soon it was the boots, then the chaps, then the gloves, do -rags, hats, tin signs, the pins, more shirts, shot glasses, underwear, anything Harley. Nothing but Harley oil, Harley cleaning stuff, and Harley magazines. Then one day while at the shrine, I was about to pop on a $500 coat when my wife just up and slapped me. I saw stars. Then I saw a bunch of overpriced merchandise and they same bikes I been seeing for 50 years but with different tank badges. As I was recovering I started looking at other bikes, and riding them and then I went full circle from my early Honda 175 Scrambler, XL350, 450 twin, and CB750 back to this F6B Honda. I like it much but I don't worship it. I don't have anything that says Honda, but I might get something. Things change, times change, Harleys don't. We've all changed. You don't meet the nicest people on a Honda no more. Bout damn time them othe a-holes know that. It don't get old. later....
    What was this thread about anyways?
    Sounds like the life I had before seeing the light. I had reliability issues (I know you cant believe that) with my last Harley under warranty and the stealership refused to make it right. When it broke down and left me stranded for the fourth time in 6 months I decided to give them one last chance. When they refused to fix it, I traded it on the F6B. When I returned to sell the extended warranty back to the shop, the owner of the shop came out to look at the new ride. I had been getting ripped off at this shop for 6 years through 3 bikes, the owner said "That is a nice looking bike, dont you get warm behind that engine", Nope it is water cooled, "Well the only real issue I see with that bike is that you wont get any credibility pulling up to the bar on a Honda" I couldnt resist, it came out like water.....I couldnt get any pushing the Harley on a trailer either but you couldnt fix that. He dropped his head and walked back inside.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Yes, I have had many,many people stop about the F6....I was already use to this due to owning a Rune.....
    Yes I am the same Steve, I remember you from the Rune Riders forum

Paul B....
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    You need a engraved aluminum placard that says "You must be totally nude to touch this bike."
    There was a rider in ABQ, NM about 1977, that had a very nice Harley. There was a brass plate on the tank that said, "if you value your life, as I value my bike, you won't touch it".

Best question yet was "Where's the trunk?" I showed him how deep the saddlebags are and he left me alone.

Sell it and buy a harley.

Only other bike I've had that got this much attention is my Valkyrie...which is why I still have it. Only part I don't like about all the attention the F6B attracts is when the idiot in the cage on the beltway is staring at it and drifting over into my lane.