Riding glasses - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding glasses

Oops, I forgot to say something about the posted subject! I have been using a pair of Nike designed sports glasses. They have proven to be durable, with wrap around large curved lenses to keep out stray sunlight.

Riding glasses

Wiley X Valor...$130 msrp....$100 on Amazon

I have a pair of seveneyes, they have a removable cushion thingy, so when I'm not riding I can wear them as sunglasses...also light adjusting (whatever they call automatic darkening)

This site was helpful, I also got them here...they do prescription too, helpful over the phone also:

http://www.adseyewear.com/motorcycle...-buyers-guide/

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    Not that I really want to launch the often debated issue of "helmet-no helmet", but here I go anyway. I suggest you re-think your "no helmet" riding style. I'm sure you've heard it before; there are two types of riders, those that have crashed and those that are going to crash. I too spent many years riding without a helmet, but times and attitudes change. Consider my suggestion "good advice", which is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.
    Yeahoo , it never hurts to try. And you tried in a classy way. I'm always hesitant. Kind of a live and let live guy. My buddy , WJ DUKE had a pretty serious wreck last.year. Got T-Boned. He was lucky. Had his gear on. He's not real bashful about telling someone they need it.

I wear Oakley M Frame Heaters. I have worn them for over 30 years. They fit tightly around my face to totally block anything getting to my eyes including UV rays. They don't allow any light in from behind the lens so you get no stray reflections. The rubber on the nosepiece and earpieces is made of a special rubber that gets sticky when your body temp goes over 99 degrees to help hold them on. They are Polycarbonate and will stop a 12 gauge shotgun pellet from 20 feet. I have a clear set of lenses that I can swap onto them in about 10 seconds that I wear @ night.

Attachment 17447

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Yeahoo , it never hurts to try. And you tried in a classy way. I'm always hesitant. Kind of a live and let live guy. My buddy , WJ DUKE had a pretty serious wreck last.year. Got T-Boned. He was lucky. Had his gear on. He's not real bashful about telling someone they need it.
    I only suggest shooter We're all adults that make our own decisions. I was lucky, but it worked for me.

shooter
    Spy Optics "Cooper". Very low profile and doesn't interfere with the helmet. And let me say something here. I wear prescription glasses and the quality of the Spy Optics lenses is nothing short of remarkable. Optically perfect. Better even than my street glasses that I paid twice as much for. And guys the polarized lenses are the bomb. Purchased through Optics Planet.

Cheap azz old guy here

DVX from Walmart with polarized prescription lense was about $150. They are my "riding glasses" and best ever with no bifocals. The frames are designed by Wiley X and are soft plastic/rubberized frames and seal perfectly for my face. The ear pieces are straight an go on easy if you have your helmet on or not. Great bang for the buck! Non prescription lenses is $50.

http://www.dvxeyewear.com/technology/rugged-frames.html
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Spy Optics "Cooper". Very low profile and doesn't interfere with the helmet. And let me say something here. I wear prescription glasses and the quality of the Spy Optics lenses is nothing short of remarkable. Optically perfect. Better even than my street glasses that I paid twice as much for. And guys the polarized lenses are the bomb. Purchased through Optics Planet.
    Lol. My son has 3 pair. That is all he will wear.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]