iPhone 5 and USB issue

Thread: iPhone 5 and USB issue

iPhone 5 and USB issue

Like many people, I use my iPhone 5 as my media player. I plug it into the USB port in the left saddlebag in order to listen to music.

After 10 miles or so of play, t goes silent and I get a "check USB" message on my screen. If I shut off the bike and disconnect/reconnect my iPhone, I get another 10 miles of play.

I still have the stock saddle, so my range may be a little butt limited, but I'd like to get more than 10 miles of music. I never had this issue with my iPhone 4.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by av8rdave View Post
    Like many people, I use my iPhone 5 as my media player. I plug it into the USB port in the left saddlebag in order to listen to music.

After 10 miles or so of play, t goes silent and I get a "check USB" message on my screen. If I shut off the bike and disconnect/reconnect my iPhone, I get another 10 miles of play.

I still have the stock saddle, so my range may be a little butt limited, but I'd like to get more than 10 miles of music. I never had this issue with my iPhone 4.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I'm wondering if you have some kind of sleep setting on your 5 that you didn't have on your 4? Unfortunately, I still have the iPhone 4s, so I can't be off too much more help. If you think it's a reception problem, (I'm assuming you're streaming -- like Pandora or Spotify or something?) I'd say to try streaming from the app in the same general area of town without touching the screen or any buttons. See if it too dies after 10 miles worth of time/songs.

In any case, I think it has more to do with the phone or app. It could possibly be lightning v 30 pin connector, but I'd think that less likely.

Strictly playing music in my iTunes app

I've been wondering about the lightning connector. Think I'll try a different one and see what happens.

Thanks for the thoughts!

I would try doing a hard reset on your phone. To do this press and hold both the home and top buttons at the same time till the phone powers off.

I had that on my Ipod turned out to be the cable, bought a new one and hey presto

try plugging into the 3.5 wire in the front left cubby,,,other than that check your settings,,,,
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I had the same issue, I think its cable related. I was using an aftermarket cable then switched to an Apple product and the problem went away. It still happens but only once or twice a month.

2kewlgypsy
    iphone 5 should go in front cubby, not the saddlebag - use the headphone jack installed in the cubby, and if you wish put in a power outlet and plug to that to charge.

Yes the iPhone works in the front cubby, but using AUX jack doesn't let you change albums or artists. I like to be able change it up if I wanna hear a certain song

I phone 5 has an issue with the charging port, dust collects in them and shorts out. Have had the same issue with mine, canned air cleans it out and should work after that. Will be finding myself a new phone when the contract ends.