Honda response to paint issue

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for icing my head . So - it is not only Honda's way (?) . If another companies having similar attitudes , it looks to me , like a globally adjusted "system taking short cuts" to generate most money from the minimum investments .

No - this problem will not discourage me at all and I'm going to keep my B . If protective waxing , glassing will not make any difference , I'll trade her for signature-ized in Russellville bike , or simply re-paint locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Thank you for icing my head . So - it is not only Honda's way (?) . If another companies having similar attitudes , it looks to me , like a globally adjusted "system taking short cuts" to generate most money from the minimum investments .

No - this problem will not discourage me at all and I'm going to keep my B . If protective waxing , glassing will not make any difference , I'll trade her for signature-ized in Russellville bike , or simply re-paint locally.
    Not just Honda: Now tell me about your complaints

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=120289

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...ighlight=paint

http://www.thevog.net/threads/fuel-p...problem.55532/
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a HORROR , which people accepted already and knowingly decided to live with it .
    Sadly , we are affected by greedy globalization up to the point , that is no way out .
    Illusional quality disappearing fast and search for improvement became grotesque .

The crazy thing about all of this is that Victory makes an excellent motorcycle. I had over 20,000 miles without a mechanical issue and that is not unusual. There are some GREAT dealers out there--and some that are not--and Polaris don't appear to give a rats rectum about what the public thinks. I could go on and on.

My singular issue came over a nail in my rear tire. Pulled the nail and plugged it with a sheet metal screw and rode it 82 miles --one way-- to have a tire installed. Had my wife follow and then drive me back the next day. The belt on a Vic has to be adjusted after sitting overnight because of the alumumnm frame that expands with engine heat and must cool down overnight to get a proper adjustment. At the time I did not have a belt adjustment tool. Three days before going to Myrtle Beach the 2 closest dealers do not stock tires--1 week wait to get them. So I buy a tire from the local Honda dealer and take it to them and they have no interest in putting it on since I did not purchase the tire from them--Remember--they did not have one and would take a week to get and I was leaving for MB in 3 days. Victory is a bike that is succeeding in spite of the company that makes it and the dealers that service it.

Yep fellas---the paint on my Honda ain't that bad at all!

Oh--by the way---I now have a belt tension tool that I will probably never use again since the B has shaft drive---if somebody needs a deal.

Attachment 14729
    this is what I deal with every time I wax my bike I have tried liquid glass over 10 coats and I still get this every time I talked to the dealer I got it from and they said they where waiting to hear back from there rep and I called today and the guy I was dealing with quit so now I get to start all over

Wow I have a red 2013 and mine isn't 1/20 that bad. I put LG on it day 1 and have been happy since. In fact, I put a coat on this past weekend and I can still comb my hair in its reflection. oh I had nothing red on my cloth!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt