I had a 1977 Suzuki GS750 back in the day. I don't think I ever put any sealant of any kind on the paint, only used common dish soap to wash it, and rode the hell out of it. The paint was cheap, I'm sure, but hard as nails. The thing of it is, there was really not that much total area covered by paint on the bike. The F6B has paint all over it. The paint is the dominant feature of the bike. As such, any imperfections are likely large enough scale as to diminish the owner's appreciation of it.

For mine, a '13 B, I just look at whether road dust is building up on the paint surface. Then I wash and dry it carefully and re-coat with lg. Then it's back to the garage. When the lg is fresh, it stays pretty clean on its own. All that said, there are myriad swirls in the paint and that does bother me somewhat. If I could make them go away without a custom paint job I would, but for now and for me it will do just fine. Strangely, the fairing is remarkably free of the swirls. Any idea why? The bags and the 'tank' are the worst.

I don't think any of this has ever crossed my mind when my feet are on the pegs.