Looking for a new bike

Thread: Looking for a new bike

Looking for a new bike

Since my bike is paid off by insurance after it was totaled last month, I'm looking for a new ride. There are two options I can think of. I like the F6B but need reverse. Don't think newer model will have that. So thinking about buying a used goldwing and taking off the trunk. I rode 2015 street glide at sturgis and loved it. But cannot stand the heat and non reliability, but still it is at the back of my mind. I'm looking for used goldwings and like what's on the market. I forgot, who's that dealer that will take off the trunk for you ? I know it looks ugly but I dnt need the trunk and its lil top heavy for me. Wud luv to have all the cool stuff full glowing has minus trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Since my bike is paid off by insurance after it was totaled last month, I'm looking for a new ride. There are two options I can think of. I like the F6B but need reverse. Don't think newer model will have that. So thinking about buying a used goldwing and taking off the trunk. I rode 2015 street glide at sturgis and loved it. But cannot stand the heat and non reliability, but still it is at the back of my mind. I'm looking for used goldwings and like what's on the market. I forgot, who's that dealer that will take off the trunk for you ? I know it looks ugly but I dnt need the trunk and its lil top heavy for me. Wud luv to have all the cool stuff full glowing has minus trunk.
    Hey, 52edub has mentioned to me about a shop called Schroeders that does full Goldwing to F6B conversions. He says the convert parts list is long, but if you get a good deal on a used Goldwing, the total price is not bad! Give that place a shot, good luck.........Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
    Hey, 52edub has mentioned to me about a shop called Schroeders that does full Goldwing to F6B conversions. He says the convert parts list is long, but if you get a good deal on a used Goldwing, the total price is not bad! Give that place a shot, good luck.........Greg
    In the Detroit area, NO ONE stocks gold wing tires, three dealers I called wanted $250.00 each just for labor to mount new tires.
    Called Schroeders, gonna stop there and get a new set of tires mounted on my way to Franklin. The guy I spoke with on the phone said they were one of the largest wing dealers in the area.
    Take a look at the PICs on their website, looks like the Goldwing capital !!

mounting tires

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    In the Detroit area, NO ONE stocks glowing tires, three dealers I called wanted $250.00 each just for labor to mount new tires.
    Called Schroeders, gonna stop there and get a new set of tires mounted on my way to Franklin. The guy I spoke with on the phone said they were one of the largest wing dealers in the area.
    Take a look at the PICs on their website, looks like the Goldwing capital !!
    Don't waste money and time having a dealer mount your tires. My local auto repair shop has mounted an OEM tire, and a Dark Side tire, for 15 bucks each. I threw the mechanic a $10 tip. You gotta have small shops in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post

http://www.mblinnovations.com/
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhox View Post
    Ya beat me to it Jhox. This looks like the best option for what he wants and Maurice will take good care of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhox View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the link. That's what I'm looking for. Looks like it's not even expensive. The kit is priced at $500.