Honda response to paint issue - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

I think the hardness of the paint varies quite a bit bike to bike. Mine is so soft, every bug I have ever hit is imprinted into my paint, no exaggeration.
    Regarding victory paint, I found it to hold up fine but the orange peel was so dramatic you couldn't feel proud to own it or show it off. Better smoother paint jobs came on appliances than what was on my 2012 Vic.
    2013 F6b Deluxe Black
    2000 Confederate Confederado
    1951 Harley Davidson Hydraglide

Mine looks good after a coat of liquid glass but that only lasts till I ride it . If I do a 200 mile day or more I have red paint rubbing off on my pants

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    I think the hardness of the paint varies quite a bit bike to bike. Mine is so soft, every bug I have ever hit is imprinted into my paint, no exaggeration.
    Regarding victory paint, I found it to hold up fine but the orange peel was so dramatic you couldn't feel proud to own it or show it off. Better smoother paint jobs came on appliances than what was on my 2012 Vic.
    varies bike to bike AND different parts of the same bike.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think this paint issues thread is pretty much "dead in the water"...Some claim the paint is lousy, others have no issues...I am fairly sure Honda has moved on from the initial complaints, which obviously is of no comfort to those that still have some problems with the paint coming off, pitting, etc. etc.. Fortunately for me I had mine custom painted before purchase as my wife did not like the stock red or black offered in 2013 and I have no complaints...I suppose those that have continued paint issues, can continue to deal with it, keep applying LG and hope for the best....The only other logical options I see at this point, is trade, or sell, the bike for another...Not an answer some may want but what are any other choices at this point??

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I think this paint issues thread is pretty much "dead in the water"...Some claim the paint is lousy, others have no issues...I am fairly sure Honda has moved on from the initial complaints, which obviously is of no comfort to those that still have some problems with the paint coming off, pitting, etc. etc.. Fortunately for me I had mine custom painted before purchase as my wife did not like the stock red or black offered in 2013 and I have no complaints...I suppose those that have continued paint issues, can continue to deal with it, keep applying LG and hope for the best....The only other logical options I see at this point, is trade, or sell, the bike for another...Not an answer some may want but what are any other choices at this point??
    Opas,

I am in the same situation as you. But I am still outraged by the piss poor quality of the factory paint. I feel the frustration of everyone here that has the issue. It is a fine machine other than this problem. The fact that I/we paid 20K for a bike with such poor paint to me is unacceptable.
    However, Honda wont do anything about it other than replace a few panels for those that scream the loudest with the same piss poor paint.
    I also painted mine but I shouldn't have to do all the work or pay to get a bike painted due to this shit! I just couldn't accept looking at mine in stock form. I will say I will not own another, and have told Honda that. But my little purchase from a major corporation wont make a difference...

Lots of paint on these bikes

I had a 1977 Suzuki GS750 back in the day. I don't think I ever put any sealant of any kind on the paint, only used common dish soap to wash it, and rode the hell out of it. The paint was cheap, I'm sure, but hard as nails. The thing of it is, there was really not that much total area covered by paint on the bike. The F6B has paint all over it. The paint is the dominant feature of the bike. As such, any imperfections are likely large enough scale as to diminish the owner's appreciation of it.

For mine, a '13 B, I just look at whether road dust is building up on the paint surface. Then I wash and dry it carefully and re-coat with lg. Then it's back to the garage. When the lg is fresh, it stays pretty clean on its own. All that said, there are myriad swirls in the paint and that does bother me somewhat. If I could make them go away without a custom paint job I would, but for now and for me it will do just fine. Strangely, the fairing is remarkably free of the swirls. Any idea why? The bags and the 'tank' are the worst.

I don't think any of this has ever crossed my mind when my feet are on the pegs.

How about we just ask Honda to reduce the price of the product by $3,000 and ship it primed and read for the buyer's choice of painters?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

I have to agree with the crappy paint on the 2013. I have a black one and it shows every little imperfection. It's a daily runner so you'd expect some signs of use, but for the money invested, I'd like to keep it looking nice for as long as possible.

My paint problem has just taken care of itself. I don't recommend my solution to anyone though.

About a month ago, my girlfriend and I were stopped at a stop sign. The long and the short of is that we got rear-ended by a lady who simply wasn't looking. So, if anyone asks if a Goldwing F6B can do a wheelie; the answer is yes, when properly struck in the rear by a Ford Fusion.

All kidding aside, there's about $3,700 damage. Since many of the rear end parts will be replaced with new ones, I figured that this would be a great opportunity to take the rest of the paintable parts off and get in painted. My paint guy will cover it with several coats of a clear urethane. Hopefully, this will take care of the problem. Going with the 2015 Dodge Ram "Maximum Steel Metallic" color. Should look good. I'll post pics when it's done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the 2013 Black with soft paint. It is what it is, Honda will do nothing about it. Put Liquid Glass on it and Just ride it, enjoy it. I'd much rather see Mother Honda address the neck bearing problems they won't admit that they have had for years and still do...I developed the 40 mph wobble at the 18000 mile mark. Now I get to pay the dealer to install All Balls tapered neck bearings to fix the problem and listen to them tell me that installing them voids my warranty.....Not to worries about that statement as that's what Attorneys are for in the event of a warranty repair.........................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"